Chapter 53

“By the way, can I get an ice cream for myself?” 

Woo-Jin had left immediately wearing sweatpants and a T-shirt, and he did not have time to bring any cash with him. He felt his empty pockets as he asked the card owner for permission out of courtesy.

- Hmm? You can get more than one if you'd like. Buy everything you want to eat. If you want to get some snacks , feel free to buy them too.

After hearing what Ko Young-Hoon, who had been holding back his laughter, had said, Woo-Jin hung up the phone and looked at Lee Dan-Woo with a bright smile.

“Dan-Woo hyung, we just need to pick out the snacks .”

“Oh really? I'm sorry, I'll be back after I smoke this cigarette, can you pick them out yourself?”

Woo-Jin nodded when Lee Dan-Woo took out a cigarette and gestured towards the outside of the store. Woo-Jin told him it was not a big deal and patted the apologetic Lee Dan-Woo on the back before nudging him. Lee Dan-Woo passed along their co-workers' message and told Woo-Jin to buy one can of beer per person, instead of a whole bunch of beer. He also asked Woo-Jin to get a lot of snacks before hurrying outside.

Lee Dan-Woo had been putting up with nicotine withdrawal all day and it was about to drive him insane. Once again, it seemed like today was not the day for him to quit smoking. Even though Lee Dan-Woo declared that he would quit smoking on a daily basis, the fact that he carried a pack of cigarettes around signified his lack of willpower to quit. Woo-Jin had been aware of Lee Dan-Woo's struggle against nicotine withdrawal during shooting, so he happily let him leave and started picking out snacks.

- Catch me, catch me, now's the time~!

- Catch me, catch me, don't regret it later and hurry, hold my hand~!

Everybody in the convenience store was startled by the sudden music. They had turned off the speakers to ensure the recording went smoothly, so they were extremely shocked to hear Berry Rose's song out of the blue. This was especially true for DYoung and Cho-Hee, who instinctively wanted to dance to their parts. Luckily, they had managed to restrain themselves.

“Did you change my ringtone?”

- Catch me, catch me~ Catch me~! The song is great, right? It's my favorite song these days. Let that be the exclusive ringtone for my calls for the time being.

The source of the music that had resounded throughout the convenience store came from Woo-Jin's phone.

“I'm fine with you changing it but tell me first before you change it. I was confused for a moment because I've never heard it before. Why are you calling me this late at night?”

Hyun-Min had been fiddling with his phone after class and it seemed like Hyun-Min had changed his ringtone. However, the most important thing right now was the reason why he had called in the middle of the night. Usually, there was nothing good about getting calls at this time.

- Woo-Jin~! We're screwed.

“You can be screwed by yourself. Why are you dragging me with you?”

- Because you're also in group 4. Ever since we got assigned to group 4, I've been smelling the scent of death in the air

“What's wrong? I've already finished my quota and sent it. Who hasn't completed their part?”

The moment Hyun-Min mentioned group 4, Woo-Jin realized what he had been talking about. Woo-Jin and Hyun-Min were in the same group for group assignments and presentations, which were compulsory. Both of them had completed their assigned parts, so there was nothing to worry about even if it was a group assignment. Any problems they have experienced were always because of somebody else.