Chapter 90

Chae Woo-Ra – the child of Woo-Jin’s biological father and his mistress. Woo-Jin clearly remembered her name. As a child, he remembered that Chae Woo-Ra had very much resembled his biological father, but it seemed like her face had changed a lot as she grew up. So, when he first met her, he never imagined she was his half-sister and only remembered her name after hearing it. Now, he could see that woman’s face when he looked at Chae Woo-Ra.

As such, Woo-Jin told his mother the full story of how he ended up guest-starring on TV Star and how Berry Rose’s Ra turned out to be Chae Woo-Ra.

“It must have been shocking for you.”

“Yes, I was at a loss for a second and slipped up.” Woo-Jin then told her how he had been so shocked and agitated at that moment that he hadn’t even realized the electricity flowing from the lie detector had shocked his hand.

“So, what are you worried about?" his mother asked. Woo-Jin was worried his mother would get a huge shock when she watched the episode on TV. And he was also worried about Chae Woo-Ra’s reaction when she later found out from her father that he, Chae Woo-Jin, was actually her older brother. Presently, she was already his fan and had been bothering him, so Woo-Jin was worried Chae Woo-Ra might cause some trouble in the future.

“If you are worried about me, then I will let you know that I’m fine. We live in Seoul, and it's not that big of a city. Did you think that we would never run into any of them? I’ve seen that woman several times when I dropped by the department store for work.” Park Eun-Soo had run into Chae Woo-Ra’s mother when she was looking around the stores at the department store for market research. Being satisfied with their position, Chae Woo-Ra’s mother had even tried to blatantly mock and look down on Park Eun-Soo. However, it would have only worked if Park Eun-Soo still had any lingering attachment to the hell she had escaped.

Even though that woman had changed Park Eun-Soo’s life, she was also the reason why Park Eun-Soo could escape from hell all by herself. From a certain perspective, she was Park Eun-Soo’s savior[1], as well as a victim that voluntarily chose to enter the hell of her own accord. Even though it was ridiculous, she didn’t want to envy that woman or go back to the past.

“Compared to seeing her mother, seeing that child’s face isn’t a big deal. She isn’t even my biological child. Where she is or what she is doing has nothing to do with me. Instead, I’m worried about you. Nevertheless, both of you….”

Regardless of how much Woo-Jin wanted it, he couldn’t deny the fact that they were blood-related. When Park Eun-Soo remarried, Choi Min-Woo wanted to legally adopt the children and change their last name to his at the same time. If that were the case, their last name would no longer be ‘Chae’ but ‘Choi,’ so Park Eun-Soo was hesitant to give her consent. No, to be precise, she wanted to give her approval immediately, but if they were to do that, it meant the children would have to let go of their roots.

Regardless of how rotten their roots were, the children had the right to make their own choices. At the very least, they wanted Woo-Hee to do it of her own will when she was no longer a minor, instead of doing it to fulfill her parents’ wishes. Not long ago, Park Eun-Soo had cautiously mentioned this to her children but was instead told that she worried about it for nothing.

“Like we said a few days ago, the last name ‘Chae’ truly means nothing to us. In fact, it’s better for Woo-Hee to change her last name as soon as possible. Having a different name from father[2] might even be detrimental to Woo-Hee. ‘Chae’ is simply a last name and blood relation that mean absolutely nothing to us. Nothing would change with us by calling Chae Woo-Ra our biological father’s daughter.” They had no feelings towards their biological father, and similarly, didn’t have any feelings towards their half-sister.