Chapter 11

"Cut!"

There were no bad takes and so, Director Choi Yi-Geon did not make any comments during the shooting. He prepared for the next scene without giving any praise or criticism. That alone was good enough for Woo-Jin. Since there was no way that the self-respecting director would allow his movie to be ruined, that meant that Woo-Jin's acting was satisfactory to him.

"Umm, I think Cha Hyun-Seung's character has somewhat changed." Unexpectedly, Kwon Sung-Min was the one who raised an objection. Even after he was done with his scene, he stayed on set, watching Woo-Jin.

However, when the acting went in a different direction from what he had expected, he frowned. This was because the scene where Cha Hyun-Seung stood under the sunlight turned out to be more sentimental and beautiful than expected.

"I know. And?" Choi Yi-Geon asked.

"I'm sorry?" Kwon Sung-Min replied, confused.

"I clearly said from the get-go that you're free to act out your interpretation of the character as you please. You don't think that only applies to the two main leads, do you? Besides, Mr. Woo-Jin has already gotten my permission. Isn't that enough?" Choi Yi-Geon smiled and added that everyone was guaranteed the same freedom.

Kwon Sung-Min said to Choi Yi-Geon in a serious manner, "Wouldn't the ambience of the movie itself change as a result? I don't think that's in line with what CEO Choi wants."

"So, what kind of movie does CEO Choi want?"

"One that follows Glooming Day's script."

Despite Choi Yi-Geon's advice, the two main leads had followed the script down to a T, acting out their characters accordingly-an arrogant, but ignorant rich boy, and a nosy, yet lovely young lady. They thought it was the best way to please the CEO of G&C, who was the reason they were in this film, as well as the person with all the authority. However, they could not be happy about the fact that a supporting actor had suddenly changed the ambience of the film.

"Yes, but you're not 100% correct. What CEO Choi likes the most about Glooming Day is the endearing couple, as well as their heartbreaking farewell. And the person she agonized over the most was Cha Hyun-Seung," the director explained.

The absolute criteria that CEO Choi had set for the film while she prepared it were that the main leads and the supporting actor had to be in their 20s, and that they also had to be charming and attractive. While the storyline was important, she had placed more emphasis on the visuals.

However, to girls who were into romance films, Cha Hyun-Seung was an ambiguous character that was hard to fathom. The existence of a supporting character who had a one-sided crush on the female lead could create heart-palpitating tension and fantasy. Despite that, Cha Hyun-Seung was a man who did not take care of the female lead-he merely looked at her. He was also a character who did not appeal to the emotions of young girls.

Instead, the pain experienced by Cha Hyun-Seung, who had to watch the love between the woman he loved and another man blossom, evoked a sense of sensual voyeurism in others. That was the only stimulating part of the otherwise boring movie, so it could never be taken out.

However, if they were to follow the script, they would face the issue of Cha Hyun-Seung not having any charm or appeal, because he was so depressed and constantly drowning in his inferiority complex. Hence, they had looked for a good-looking actor, thinking that would negate the unpleasant traits of Cha Hyun-Seung.

Of course, the script could be modified the way Chae Woo-Jin had, turning Cha Hyun-Seung into an upright person with a slightly brighter personality and a sad one-sided crush on the female lead.