Chapter 30

“Wearing black is the way to go, and you’re wearing a Zegna suit to boot.”

Hwang Yi-Young looked at Chae Woo-Jin, who had dressed up for the preview screening, with her eyes half-closed. Seeing Woo-Jin dressed completely in accordance with her personal taste, she reacted in a dramatic way because he looked so dazzling. On the other hand, Woo-Jin stood there frozen and could not move.

“Isn’t this a little too much?” asked Woo-Jin.

Even though he did not know much about luxury brands, he knew how much an Ermenegildo Zegna suit cost. He was worried about not being able to use the bathroom if he were to wear that.

“It’s from their sartorial line, so it’s not as expensive as you think. It was specially sponsored by Miss Park Si-Yeon, so all you have to do is look good in it and take good pictures.”

“I’m saying I don’t have the confidence to look good in it.”

Hwang Yi-Young stared at Woo-Jin, who was grumbling. Brimming with confidence, she said to him arrogantly, “Listen up, Chae Woo-Jin. You are worth so much more than some clothes that cost millions of won. In fact, the suit should be very grateful to you for wearing it. And so what if you stain it? It’s made of a very high quality fabric, so even if it gets stained, it will come off if you wash it well. I’m going to wash it before returning it anyway, so what’s there to be afraid of?”

Hwang Yi-Young tapped Woo-Jin’s arm as she smiled. She was the boss. When Woo-Jin, who had become a little more confident, threw his shoulders back, Hwang Yi-Young laughed out loud in approval.

“But, don’t you think I’ll be the only one standing out too much?”

Director Moon had personally called him to invite him to the VIP preview screening, but he did not think that he would get noticed by anyone as an actor who played a minor character. Director Moon Seung-Kwon had only told him to dress well, and did not say anything else apart from that. Woo-Jin felt very embarrassed for putting in a lot of effort into looking good since it looked as though he was expecting to receive a lot of attention.

He was worried about making mistakes so he looked up the preview screening on the internet. He looked at the pictures of the other celebrities who attended the event, but they wore plain-looking clothes that did not look particularly special.

“You don’t know this but almost all of them are wearing luxury clothes and accessories. Park Min is also wearing something similar to this line, so you won’t be the only one standing out,” said Hwang Yi-Young.

“But he’s the male lead.”

“Woo-Jin, you’re the great supporting actor! It doesn’t matter whether you’re the main lead or the supporting actor, as long as it looks good on you and you mingle confidently. Everything is great about you, but I think that sometimes you lack confidence.”

Upon hearing Hwang Yi-Young’s criticism, Woo-Jin reflected on himself for a moment. He had never thought that before, so he felt that what she said came out of nowhere.

“I’m just being realistic, no?” asked Woo-Jin.

Woo-Jin had always considered himself to be a realist through and through. As he entered the entertainment industry, he never forgot to keep himself in line to ensure that he did not forget about reality or become pretentious after having big dreams. That was the first time he realized that it could be seen as having a lack of confidence in others’ eyes.

“I don’t see it as being realistic at all.”

From Hwang Yi-Young’s point of view, she felt that there were a lot of things Woo-Jin did not know about himself. Additionally, he did not browse the internet much, so he was unaware about the fact that he was currently trending, even though ‘The Unknown Actor’ was already becoming more and more famous via the help of only a few still cuts and good reviews from critics and journalists who had seen the movie.