Chapter 38

Usually, Kim Jun-Yeol would be shooting photos from a well prepared set. However, this was not the case today. The sudden change in routine had caused Kwon Eun-Mi to feel a little lost. She felt a little embarrassed when she thought back to how she lost control of her emotions in her previous photo shoot with Woo-Jin. It was said that it's a good sign if the picky Kim Jun-Yeol stayed quiet throughout the whole photo shoot, but Eun-Mi felt that she had been unprofessional throughout.

“Let's start shooting now.”

Kim Jun-Yeol grabbed the camera and walked towards them. The dazzling reflectors were back in place and the staff members retreated. Even though Kim Jun-Yeol was constantly pressing the shutter button right in front of them, from this moment onwards, Chae Woo-Jin and Kwon Eun-Mi were the only ones who existed in the story created solely by them.

Woo-Jin sat on the bed and began fixing his necktie. The cufflinks that were made of brilliantly cut ruby gems looked particularly cold on his wrists. Kwon Eun-Mi pulled up the sheet from behind her and covered her chest, and got up before leaning her upper body on Woo-Jin. She hugged him from the back, and rested her head on his shoulder. Woo-Jin tried to get up without even turning around to look at Kwon Eun-Mi, whose face was filled with sorrow and longing. 

“When will we meet again?”

All Kwon Eun-Mi had gotten after taking the initiative to talk to him was a cold response from Woo-Jin. She was in a rush to grab onto Woo-Jin, who was about to leave without giving her a response. Even though she had begged him, the cold response plus the bad boy vibes which Woo-Jin was giving off made her shudder.

“How can you just leave like that?” asked Kwon Eun-Mi. Only then did Woo-Jin slowly shift his gaze towards her. Kwon Eun-Mi trembled at the sight of his cold gaze that was void of any warmth.

“We had a good time yesterday, no? You said I was pretty.” Kwon Eun-Mi, who was clinging on to the man, became more talkative. She recalled the good memories from last night and forced them upon Woo-Jin, earnestly pleading with him to look at her once again. 

“You're pretty. So?”

“I'm sorry?”

“You have nothing else going for you apart from that, am I wrong?”

The words that finally came out of Woo-Jin's mouth was so insulting that it made Kwon Eun-Mi's face turn red. However, she soon looked at Woo-Jin with a spiteful look in her eyes. Although she knew it was shameful, she also knew that losing Woo-Jin would be the worst case scenario.

“But I fulfill the needs that your wife is unable to fulfill.”

“That's true.”

Woo-Jin pondered for a second and smiled widely before chuckling. Feeling encouraged, Kwon Eun-Mi slowly got out of bed and got on her knees, skillfully wrapping her long arms around Woo-Jin's legs. Her slim and beautiful fingers ran across his thighs as she smiled seductively.

“My wife wouldn't be caught dead doing something so nasty like this.”

“Isn't it good to do nasty things in bed?”

“Yeah, only in bed. You're useless outside of the bedroom, so I'm wondering if I should just call it quits.”

Woo-Jin was looking at his necktie and the cufflinks on his sleeves while ignoring Kwon Eun-Mi, who was wrapping her hands around his waist. She gently bit her lip and latched herself onto him even more.

“Think about how many hours you spend in that bed every day,” said Kwon Eun-Mi.

She was showing an earnest obsession that was beyond desperation. There was also spite in her gaze that showed she was capable of doing anything Woo-Jin wanted. Kim Jun-Yeol began pressing the shutter button even more rapidly as he watched the interaction between the two of them, who were gradually becoming more and more spiteful towards each other.