Chapter 18

With the tension in the air, Song Jae-Hee hesitated for a moment and wondered to herself if she was qualified enough to recommend anyone. Then, she thought of Chae Woo-Jin's face and shook her head slightly. If she were to let him be, that boy would be lucky if he did not end up signing a slave contract with a strict agency. Before that happened, she had to put a safety net in place somehow.

"Actually, there's someone I'd like to recommend," said Song Jae-Hee.

"By any chance, is his name Chae Woo-Jin?" asked Jang Soo-Hwan.

"Ack! What!"

Forgetting she was a dignified female actress, Song Jae-Hee made strange noises as she jumped up from her seat. She stared at Jang Soo-Hwan with a doubtful look, wondering if Woo-Jin had performed a blade dance. [1].

"There was someone who recommended Chae Woo-Jin before you."

"Was it Manager Kim?"

"Manager Kim was the second person to recommend him. You are the third," responded Jang Soo-Hwan.

"I'm the third? Not the second, but the third? Who recommended him? Who had the audacity to recommend Woo-Jin before I did?"

If it was Manager Kim who had recommended him before she did, she would acknowledge it, since he had seen Woo-Jin throughout the shooting on set. However, when she had heard that someone other than her or Manager Kim had recommended Chae Woo-Jin first, it fired up an unnecessary competitive spirit in her.

"G&C Entertainment's Supreme Witch," replied Jang Soo-Hwan.

Upon hearing Jang Soo-Hwan's answer, she gaped for a few moments, but soon after conceded. She had heard that CEO Choi had personally selected the main leads, as well as the supporting actor, for this movie. Hence, she logically concluded she must have been the first person to know about Woo-Jin's value. However, she had guessed incorrectly.

"She had never actually seen him act before, so I asked her why she recommended him."

"..."

"She said that he looked like her son," continued Jang Soo-Hwan.

"Ah, that toad...?"

That was when Song Jae-Hee finally understood the meaning behind Woo-Jin's words earlier on during the day. G&C Group's general chairman was famous for looking like a toad. So that's why he was in despair.

"It's true that in all honesty, the Supreme Witch, who thinks that her husband is handsome, has terrible taste. But all the people whom she thinks resemble her son end up making it big," said Jang Soo-Hwan, grumbling about how obscure the witch's standards were.

Jang Soo-Hwan continued with his rant. "Regardless of how much the Supreme Witch recommended him, I said that I would think about it and see how it goes. But seeing as both you and Manager Kim have recommended him, he must have something special, hm?"

"First of all, he has the looks and the acting down. He also has a unique vibe too, in a positive way. He has the so-called image and the aura of an actor."

"You're pretty aggressive about recommending him, huh," remarked Jang Soo-Hwan.

Since Song Jae-Hee was not the type of person to recommend someone else, or actively support them, Jang Soo-Hwan glanced at her with a doubtful look in his eyes. Any potential scandals had to be managed properly in advance as long as the other party was a man, even if he was younger.

"He's not even an actress who will compete with me, so what do I have to be wary about? Most importantly, I'm just worried about him because he's like a lost little child," replied Song Jae-Hee.