Chapter 99

“I have to step down because of that. I know I might fail, but I still need to study and make sure I don’t get a terrible grade, else I won’t be able to face my mother. And who knows? Maybe I’ll get eliminated before the fifth episode. I intentionally cannot get eliminated as The King of the Masked Singers has credibility, and I’m sure you don’t want to tarnish that either. So it’s better to get eliminated by someone with better skills. Don’t you agree, Production Director Son?”

Production Director Son gritted his teeth at Woo-Jin’s bright reply. He was going to ask Woo-Jin if he was willing to be eliminated intentionally since he didn’t want to step down voluntarily. But before he could mention it, Woo-Jin brought up the credibility of The King of the Masked Singers first. If it were an ordinary celebrity, he would calmly appease them by saying that a variety show didn’t have much credibility and try to coax them. However, Production Director Son felt uncomfortable about exposing the broadcast’s weakness to the person who wanted to take the bar exam and his family.

— Right….

“I’m only an actor, so I’m sure there’s nothing to worry about since there are plenty of people more talented than me. Everything will work out. Plus, once The King of the Masked Singers and the bar exam is over, I’ve personally planned something in March, so even if I really wanted to help you, I won’t have the time.”

Previously, Woo-Jin had mentioned having free time starting from March, but now he retracted that statement, bluntly saying that recording one episode won’t resolve the issue. Regardless of whether Production Director Son was affected by his terse reply or not, Woo-Jin smiled innocently and said that winning five times in a row was a difficult thing to do.

Even though Woo-Jin was an actor, he possessed skills that no one could surpass, so hearing Woo-Jin’s futile assurances didn’t help Production Director Son at all. He still recalled when the Director of Entertainment gave him an earful and told him to prevent Hanryang Doryeong from voluntarily stepping down.

“What the hell did I do?”

After getting off the phone, Production Director Son mumbled dejectedly. He took in Woo-Jin thinking that he was an innocent cat, but he grew up and became a ferocious tiger.

Recently the xx Library’s administrative office received a few complaints. Even with the flu season going on, a suspicious man who covered his face a little too much was seen frequently, and of course, it wasn’t like the man was doing anything dubious. All he did was visit the library at dawn when it opened, study, and would sometimes appear in the lounge. However, even though the library had a perfect heating system, the man wore a hat, glasses, mask, and scarf inside the library so anyone would think that he was suspicious. It also made people warier because of a recent violent crime.

Since the office received several complaints, they had no choice but to check the man’s identity, and surprisingly, this suspicious man was none other than the actor, Chae Woo-Jin. Many thought he was taking a break after the drama ended, but he was living his life being a devoted student. Even though he covered his face to prevent others from getting distracted, it only instilled fear in them. The library users expressed their disappointment when they heard about this later on.

“Woo-Jin~!” Hwang Yi-Young had read the entire article and eagerly called out to Woo-Jin, who was getting his makeup done as Hanryang Doryeong.

“Did you drink the vending machine coffee while looking at a wall? Or sleep while being curled up in one of the chairs in the lounge?”

“They already released an article about that day?”