Chapter 58

"Mr. Chae Woo-Jin! Please head over to consultation room 2." Woo-Jin got up from his seat and said goodbye to the elderly people before entering the room. When it was time for his checkup, the elderly nudged him and told him to get going, unlike their earlier behavior where they crowded around him to get his autograph and take photos.

As Woo-Jin turned around to go to the consultation room, he made eye contact with the nurses who were taking photos of him with their phones. Unlike the elderly folks, they recognized Chae Woo-Jin as soon as they had laid eyes on him. Woo-Jin bowed slightly and greeted the nurses who were blushing before entering the examination room and had his X-rays taken. While waiting for the results, Woo-Jin took photos with the nurses. Unlike the elders, the nurses did not ask him for his autograph since he had injured his right hand.

"Your bones and nerves were not injured, but inflammation may occur, so please take your prescribed medications. If it still continues to hurt, then please come back again, and use a cold compress religiously." The attending physician did not know who Woo-Jin was; the physician was kind and had treated him like an ordinary patient, looking at him with a calm gaze that lacked excitement.

As soon as Woo-Jin left the consultation room, a nurse gave him a small bottle of frozen water, and told him that it was more convenient than using an ice pack.

"Woo-Jin, rest in the car while I collect your medicine." After speaking casually to Woo-Jin previously, Kang Ho-Soo had become more at ease with Woo-jin. It seemed that Kang Ho-Soo wasn't aware of it, so Woo-Jin tried his best to hold back his laughter and nodded. They went down to the first floor together, but Kang Ho-Soo headed towards the pharmacy, while Woo-Jin walked towards the parking lot.

"Meow~!" Suddenly, Woo-Jin heard the faint cry of a cat and stopped in his tracks. As he looked around the parking lot, he heard the cat crying again. At the same time, he spotted a cat poking itself out between the pillars, making its way towards him.

"You're a cheese cat too huh." It was a pale ivory cat with slightly darker yellow ochre stripes. The nickname, 'cheese cat', which he had learned from one of the Glooming Day's staff the other day in Busan, was befitting for it.

Initially, he had assumed that it was a stray cat. It was a British Shorthair that looked rather old. It looked very dirty - it must have either gotten lost, or it had been abandoned because of its old age. Woo-Jin was afraid that if he were to get close to the cat, it would be frightened and run away, so he stayed still. However, the cat came up to him first and rubbed its face against his feet.

Woo-Jin squatted down and examined the cat after hearing its meows. Seeing how happy the cat looked, as well as how it kept showing him affection by purring and rubbing its body against him, a name appeared in Woo-Jin's mind.

"Woo-Sa?"

"Meow~!"

After hearing the happiness in its cry, Woo-Jin quickly checked the cat's right front paw. A long time ago, Woo-Sa's paw got caught in the wheel of his bicycle, and the wound had left a deep scar. There was a visible scar on its paw that could be seen between its fur, causing Woo-Jin to choke up.

"You're really Woo-Sa."

Woo-Sa meowed and responded to Woo-Jin every time he said its name, and Woo-Jin was unable to laugh or cry as he stroked Woo-Sa.

"Woo-Jin, what are you doing there?"

Woo-Jin did not go to the car after entering the parking lot, so Hwang Yi-Young stepped out of the car and called out to him. When Woo-Sa heard Woo-Jin's name, it picked up its ears and tapped Woo-Jin with its paw. When Woo-Jin was younger, they had often played a game where Woo-Sa would go up to him and tap him with its paw every time it heard Woo-Jin's name. Woo-Jin could not bring himself to smile and picked Woo-Sa up and showed it to Hwang Yi-Young.