Chapter 44

“Getting prettier and prettier.”

However, the subject of the compliment had already gone far, far away. Woo-Jin shrugged and lamented the fact that Song Jae-Hee did not hear the end of the message. For some reason, Woo-Jin felt like he had stumbled upon their secret. He felt as though he was biting into a sweet and sour candy.

“It's nice to be young,” remarked Woo-Jin while he was waiting for Kang Ho-Soo. If anyone had overheard Woo-Jin, they would definitely scoff at him.

“Whoa~! Who's that handsome guy over there?” Production Director Son, who was passing through the hallway of the variety entertainment department, saw the tall and handsome Woo-Jin and stopped in his tracks. Judging by Woo-Jin's appearance, it was evident that he was a celebrity, but Director Son could not recall who he was.

“That's Chae Woo-Jin. A while ago, after watching the video of him singing 'Confession' on the internet, you said that we had to find some way to get him to sing on our show.”

“That's him?”

The production staff uploaded a video of Chae Woo-Jin singing 'Confession' at their karaoke session on the internet before the premiere of Glooming Day as a means of generating publicity. It had only been uploaded for less than two hours, but the producer of a music variety show had been one of the first few people to watch it.

“I said it's a waste if he did not utilize his extraordinary singing skills. But if I had his face, I'd also choose to be an actor.”

Woo-Jin was the first person who had perfectly sung 'Confession', apart from the original singer Im Jae-Beom. Production Director Son was blown away by his voice that was on par with professional singers and wanted to find a way to invite Woo-Jin to their show, but everyone around him shook their heads, saying it would be impossible because Chae Woo-Jin belonged to DS.

DS' CEO Jang rarely sent out his favorite artists to appear on variety shows if there was nothing particularly beneficial about it. He could not stand to see his precious artists risking their image by appearing on a variety show.

“But I don't think our show is the kind which will affect their careers?”

“We make them put on a mask and sing, don't we? He will be covering his face as he sings. Both CEO Jang and Chae Woo-Jin should like that idea. Besides, Chae Woo-Jin is going to start shooting his drama soon, what's there to lose?”

“But still…”

Looking at the spot where Chae Woo-Jin stood just moments ago, Production Director Son sighed. It had been a long time since he had fallen in love with someone's voice after listening to them sing at karaoke.

“It would have been really nice if he had started off as a singer first before becoming an actor.”

“He had almost debuted as the main vocalist of Blue Fit in the past,” replied the assistant production director.

“Blue Fit?” Production Director Son was curious. The assistant director who was standing next to Production Director Son gave him a detailed explanation. While Production Director Son was watching the video over and over again after he fell in love with it, the assistant production director quickly searched for information regarding Chae Woo-Jin. Even though there were only bits and pieces of information on the internet about Woo-Jin's past as a former trainee of TM, he managed to retrieve more accurate information about Woo-Jin through an acquaintance in the industry. After hearing the story of how Woo-Jin was replaced right after he left TM before the group's debut, Production Director Son narrowed his eyes, as though something had come to mind.

“About Blue Fit – there were rumors talking about how their main vocalist Min Si-Hoo was not the one who sang their debut single right?”

“Those rumors were secretly circulating at one point. It's evident that Min Si-Hoo is too talented in singing for him to be an idol. But, up until now, he still hasn't performed as well as he did in that debut single, both in terms of singing and the emotions in his voice.”