Chapter 4- Have You Seen Them?

"Molly are you ok?" Sarah asked her roommate. "My mother keeps calling me" Molly said crossing her legs on the couch in the apartment the two eighteen year olds shared. "What does she want?" Sarah asked. "I haven't answered" Molly said. "She probably wants money again" Sarah said. "I'd say so. I wish they would leave me alone. I just want to finish my degree, get a job and get the hell out of Manchester" Molly said.

"Are you working tonight?" Sarah asked. "Ya I should head to the bar before I'm late" Molly said jumping of the couch. "You look like you could sleep" Sarah said. "I had a busy day. Who knew kids could be so tiring" Molly said.

Molly had been working at Jefferson bar in Manchester for the last few months. Before that she used to waitress.

"Hey Molly it's going to be busy tonight. We have a big group coming in tonight" Mark the manager said when Molly took of her coat. "Ok" she said. "More tips then" Mark said.
Molly could use the extra cash. She had spent so much money on school books and bailing her parents out last month that money was a little tight. She had even began babysitting kids to make extra money. Turns out she was really good with kids. Who would have known?

"Excuse me" a man asked looking over the bar counter. "Oh sorry I didn't see you there. What can I get you?" Molly asked standing up straight. "Can I get four bottles of beer and a coke please" the tall man asked. He looked familiar but Molly couldn't figure out why. "Coming up" Molly said. "It's busy in her tonight" the man said. "Yes. We have some big group here tonight. It's a little more busy than usual on a Sunday night" Molly said. "Have you been working here long?" the man asked.

"A couple of months" Molly said as she finished opening the beers. "Keep the change" the man said handing Molly a fifty. "Wow thanks" Molly said. "If you get bored, you should come join me and my mates" the man said pointing to a group of men sitting in the corner. "I'm working all night" Molly said. She was used to been asked to join the customers but always refused as politely as she could.
"Pity. My mate thinks your cute" the man said. "Only your mate" Molly joked. "I have a wife who I love" the man said. "That's sweet" Molly said. Working in the bar she saw lots of men forget they were in a relationship.

"If you want to join us just come on over" the man said. "I don't even know your name" Molly said. The man laughed. "I'm Wayne" the man said laughing as he walked back to his table. "No wonder he was laughing. He probably couldn't comprehend that I didn't know who he was" Molly whispered to herself. "Wayne Rooney and a few of his teammates are over there. Have you seen them?" Kevin said standing behind Molly. "Ya I just served Rooney actually. I pretended I didn't know who he was" Molly laughed.

"How did your exams go Molly?" Kevin asked. "Great. I hope" Molly said. "I'm sure you passed them. You studied so much" Kevin said.

When she wasn't working, Molly spent most of her free time in the library studying. All her life she wanted to get a good job and get out of Manchester. And away from her parents. "Hey Molly your phone is ringing" Kevin shouted. She picked it up and answered it. "What do you want Mum. I'm at work" Molly said into the phone. "I need to see you. It's important" her mum said. "I don't have any money so I can't give you any" Molly said. "Please just come home" her Mum said. "I'll try tomorrow" Molly said hanging up the phone.

"Everything ok?" a voice asked. "Fine" Molly snapped and the man bit his lip to stop laughing.

"I'm sorry. What can I get you?" Molly asked. "The same again" he said pointing to his table. "Boys night out or celebrating something" Molly asked. "My friend told us he is going to be a dad" the man said. "No wonder ye all look happy" Molly said pouring the coke. "You should come join us" the brown haired man said. "Like I already told your friend, I'm working" Molly said.

"Keep the change" the man said handing Molly a twenty. "Do me a favour. Tell Rooney to get the drinks the next time" Molly laughed leaving the man bewildered. "What was that about?" Kevin asked. "Rooney gave me a fifty and told me to keep the change" Molly said making Kevin laugh.

"Here was me thinking Rio Ferdinand got over paid" Kevin laughed