Chapter 78- Is She Ok To Leave?

Cristiano stretched his legs out in front of him as he opened his eyes. He sat up straight in the chair and stretched his arms above his head. He picked up the blanket that had covered him during the night from the floor. He didn't have to be back in Madrid for a few days and he hadn't wanted to leave his son alone. He wouldn't get to spend much time with him for a few weeks.

He watched as Molly slept soundly in the bed and had one hand pushed out beside her. One hand resting on the side of the bassinet which was inches from her bed. The bassinet where his son slept. The bassinet where he had watched Molly place his son after she had fed him during the night.

It was all different to what had been planned. She moved to a different city when she was meant to stay near him. The baby had arrived early. Molly had held him. He rubbed his eyes remembering the image. How relieved she had looked after the birth. How his son had stopped crying almost immediately when she held him. Then she breastfed him. That had certainly not been planned.

His son needed to eat but Cristiano couldn't help wondering if something had changed. Would Molly be able to give the baby up?

He sat back in his seat and his eyes ran over the bed. They hadn't talked much since she had woken up. They hadn't been alone when had actually been awake. Dr. Alex had told him that she would wake up in her own time but when he actually saw her awake. He's heart......He was just so thankful she was awake. She had been through so much.

He stood and walked over to the bassinet. Junior was wrapped up tight and his eyes were tightly shut. He was a Dad Cristiano smiled before quietly heading out the door. "Bom Día" Jorge said as Cristiano shut the door behind him. "What are you doing here so early?" Cristiano asked. "Come to take you to breakfast and see my new prodigy" Jorge smirked. "He's asleep and I'm not hungry" he said. "You have to eat Ronaldo" Katia said appearing beside the two men. ""Óle Katia" Cristiano mumbled.

"Óle. How's my little nephew?" she asked. "Perfect" he smiled. "Oh everyone is up early" Alanna said clutching files in her arms. "Have you gotten any sleep the last few days?" Cristiano smiled at her. "I have not that it feels like it. Everything ok last night?" she asked. "Ya he fed for Molly" he said. "That's good. Looks like the breast milk worked. We'll run some tests later. Now I'm just going to check Molly" she said. "She's asleep and you really don't want to wake her up. Trust me" he said. "I have no choice. I have to take some bloods" Alanna smiled.

"Blood. As in needles" he said. "I'll stay with Molly. You go with Jorge. Go home and change" Katia said. "And a shower" Jorge smirked. "Fine. I won't be long" he said. "Take your time" Alanna said opening the door.

"She's breastfeeding him" Jorge said as he and Cristiano walked towards the car park. "It wasn't planned. Junior wouldn't take the formula. It was the only way to get him to eat" Cristiano said. "But still" Jorge said. "I know Jorge" he replied. Jorge worried that he didn't know. He didn't know how much pain Molly was going to suffer.

"Congrats by the way. Papa" Jorge grinned as they reached the car which was parked at the back of the clinic. "I can't believe he is here" Cristiano said as he sat into the car. "I heard it was a tough labour" Jorge said. "Molly scared the shit out of all of us. When I saw her pass out. And the beeping of the machines. Oh I can't think about it" Cristiano said shaking his head. "But she's ok now?" Jorge asked. "I think so ya. I haven't really spoken to her much" he said. "You're in the same room with her" Jorge pointed out. "She's too tired to talk" Cristiano shrugged.

"Have you spoken to Irina?" Jorge asked. "Ya I sent her a picture last night" he replied. Cristiano had been son worried about Molly that he didn't think of calling her straight after the birth. "And?" Jorge asked. "And she think he's cute. It's still a weird for her" Cristiano said.

Weird been an easy word to describe it. He had finally told Irina that he was going to be a Dad. She had been in London and he had asked her to fly to Madrid when she wasn't supposed to. He nearly told her over the phone but decided Irina deserved better. Deserved to be told in person. Plus he knew Molly would kill him if he told Irina over the phone.

Naturally Irina was furious. She had screamed in Russian and had yelled at him for not telling her. When she had finally calmed down she had asked him so many questions. He had explained that in the Summer he would become a father. Would raise the baby. And that the mother would have nothing to do with either of them. Irina had appeared happy about that part.

He explained that he hadn't wanted to tell her until their relationship became more serious and she said that she was glad he could tell her now. And then surprised him by kissing him. He had told Irina only days after his visit to Molly. And since then they had only spoken a little.

Irina had sounded happy for Cristiano when she found out the baby had arrived. He hoped she's still be happy when she meets Junior. She was going to be part of his life in some way and Cristiano thought.

A couple of hours later and after a quick shower and bite to eat, Cristiano and Jorge arrived back at the clinic. "When will the baby be able to come home?" Jorge asked. "Hopefully before I have to be back in Madrid. We'll have to ask Dr. Alex" he said. "Speaking of who" Cristiano said as he spotted the doctor walking towards them.

"Is she always this stubborn?" she asked not bothering to say hello. "Who?" Jorge asked and Cristiano rolled his eyes. "Molly who else" Cristiano said as Jorge's phone beeped. It had beeped so many times in the last few hours that Cristiano had given up count.

"Look I know she doesn't like been here after everything that happened last year but I've told her that I was hopeful she could go home with her baby tonight" Dr. Alex said. "Tonight" Cristiano said. "Yes but Molly is having none of it. She's insisting she leave right now" she said.

"Right now?" Cristiano said looking over Dr. Alex's shoulder at the hall way behind her. "Is she ok to leave?" Jorge asked. "Yes but I'd still like to keep any eye on her. I can't make her stay. But just make sure she rests. And comes back for her check up" Dr. Alex said before a nurse appeared and she had to leave.

"Who's texting you?" Cristiano asked as Jorge's phone beeped again. "Work" Jorge muttered. "Where are you going?" Jorge asked when he looked up from his phone. "Where do you think?" Cristiano said heading down the hall. "Is that such a good idea?" Jorge called out but Cristiano didn't hear him.

"Hey" Alanna said to Cristiano as he passed her in the hallway. "Olé" he said stopping. "I'll be in to take Junior when Molly's leaves for a couple of more check-ups" she said. "Thanks" he said. "Your sister said she'd back in a little while too. She's gone to get chocolate to make up for waking Molly this morning. You were right she isn't a morning person" Alanna joked walking away. Katia was gone. He walked quicker to her room.

Who's with Molly?

And with his son?