Chapter 79- Goodbye

"You should be used to needles by now" Katia joked as Molly turned her head away from Alanna who was taking blood from her arm. "I will never be" Molly muttered. "Everything went ok last night I hear" Alanna said.

"Ya he slept and fed fine" Molly replied. The baby did but it took Molly hours to finally fall asleep properly. Her mind going at a hundred miles per hour. She had held the baby she carried in her arms as he fed. He was so beautiful. "Can you ask Dr. Alex when I can leave?" Molly asked. "There's no rush" Alanna said. "Please can you. I want to get out of here" Molly said, "Molly you don't have to leave so quickly" Katia said.

"Can you just please ask Dr. Alex?" she begged Alanna who nodded and left. "Molly really there's no rush" Katia said when they were alone. "I can't stay here any longer. Can you pass me my phone? It's in the bottom drawer" Molly said. "Molly are you sure you want to do this?" Katia asked. "Katia please we've discussed this enough times. I don't want to discuss it again" Molly insisted taking her phone from Katia's hands. Molly needed to get out of this room. She only had to get through these next few hours and she would be alone.

After a heated discussion with Dr. Alex, Molly finally started to prepare to leave. She was all packed and ready to go. She sat on the edge of the bed and zipped the bag next to her. Only a few more minutes to get through she thought slowly standing onto her feet. She winced in pain. Her body ached. The green maxi skirt and black tank top covering her body. She just had to wait for Alanna to come back to watch the baby. Katia had gone to the shops and Cristiano hadn't come back yet. Molly just wished Alanna would hurry up. She needed to leave.

A little cry darted around the room and Molly bit her lip. She moved towards the bassinet that had been moved away from her bed. The cries became louder and peered in. "Damn it" she muttered as she moved her arms under the baby's blanket and lifted him into her arms.

"Ssh. Sssh. There's no need to cry" Molly said trying to sooth Junior. He continued to cry and it took all Molly's strength not to cry with him as she rocked him in her arms. She took a seat in the nearby chair. "Sssh. It's ok" she whispered wrapping his blanket around him. He soon stopped crying and his brown eyes stared up at her.

"It's time for me to leave" she whispered. "Oh I don't know what to say" she said closing her eyes for a moment. "You are going to have a wonderful life. A life surrounded by a family who will love you" she said looking down at him. "They may be crazy at times but their amazing people and you're so lucky to have them" she said. He made a soft noise and she smiled down at him. "You have to know that I wouldn't leave you if I didn't think you'll be loved" she said holding him a little tighter to her body.

She closed her eyes and rested her head against the back of the chair. "Remember that you can do anything you want. You can be a dancer as much as footballer. Remember that no matter how big or small a problem you have, that you can go to your papa or Jorge or your aunties. Even Zé" she said.

Cristiano froze at the door as he listened to Molly speak. The door was slightly open but Molly didn't notice. She was focused on the baby in her arms.

"And remember that even though your papa doesn't think often and can be a huge adorable muppet at times he means well. And if he annoys you then go to Auntie Elma and she'll sort him out" Molly said and she opened her eyes to look at Junior's little face. His eyes were now closed and he slept soundly in her arms.

"I know what I'm saying makes no sense to you but most of all remember that even though I won't be with you........." she choked back a sob and wiped a tear from her face.

"Remember that I'll never regret having you" she whispered.

Cristiano's mind raced as Molly's words echoed through his brain. What was he?...........Shit he thought as his phone started to ring and he opened the door. "I forgot to turn it off" he muttered coming into Molly's view.

"He started to cry. I was just..." Molly stuttered. "It's ok" Cristiano said as he looked at Molly sitting in the chair. Holding his son. Holding her......No he thought shaking his head. "Well he's asleep now" Molly said.

"Dr. Alex said you're leaving. Like right now" he said. "I was just waiting for Alanna to come back" she said. "You were going without saying goodbye" he said leaning against the bed. "I fed him not so long ago and expressed two bottles. So you have enough milk. Dr. Alex said he can go back on formula" Molly said slowly standing. And Cristiano saw her wince as she stood.

"Where are you going?" he asked. "Tell your Dolores and your sisters that I'll phone them before I leave Lisbon" she said walking closer to Cristiano. "Are you going to tell me where you are going?" he asked as she handed Junior to him. Molly moved closer to her bag on the bed and her hands fiddled with the handles of the bag. "You don't need to know. You have everything you wanted" she said. "Molly" he said.

She moved to stand in front of him as he leaned against the bed with his son in his arms. "You're going to be a great dad because you have a great heart. And don't forget that" she said her eyes on Junior. "Have a wonderful life Cristiano" she said and placed a kiss on Junior's forehead.

"Molly" Cristiano whispered. He was struggling to find any words. "Concentrate on your son Cristiano. And try not to miss telling me what to do" she smiled sadly. "I'll try not miss you ignoring me telling you what to do" he said and bit her lip.

"Don't break into anymore apartments Cristiano" she said and placed a soft kiss on his cheek. She picked up her bag and her hands grasped the handles tightly as she walked to the door.

"Molly wait" Cristiano called out standing up straight.

"Yes" she said not turning around. "Thank you for my son" he said and Molly gripped her bag tighter.

"Goodbye Cristiano" she said opening the door.

"Take good care of my baby" she whispered so only she could hear and she walked through the door leaving Cristiano alone with his son.

He sat on the bed and rocked Junior. Just him and his son. Just like he had planned and wanted.

Just how it was meant to be.

Right?  

Molly has left. What will happen next?

Thanks to everyone who has commented and voted.