Chapter 33- Cold Shoulder Or Getting Warmer

"Something smells good" Cristiano said as he saw Nuno place a plate of food on the counter for him. "It tastes good too. You're lucky there's any left for you" Nuno said and Cristiano suck his fork into his mouth. "Mmm that is good" Cristiano mumbled. "You should thank the chef so" Nuno said. "Thank you Nuno" Cristiano smirked. "Wrong chef Ronnie boy. The chef is outside. Go look" Nuno said jestering to the window. Cristiano raised an eyebrow confused about what Nuno was talking about.

"What the hell? Molly's outside" Cristiano said in shock. "Ya she is. She spent most of the day down here as it happens" Nuno said. "That's great" Cristiano said as he watched Molly and his mother pick at the flowers.

"So she's not.." "she's still pissed at you" Nuno finished. "Great" Cristiano groaned. "Well you did upset her and then disappeared" Nuno said. "I didn't disappear. I went to training" Cristiano said. "You ran off more like. But she seemed ok during the day. Although I don't think she's really comfortable around me" Nuno said. "Think she'll be like that with any guy" Cristiano said returning to his food.

Cristiano had thought Molly would retreat into herself again after he upset her this morning. He hadn't meant to push her so hard. He knew she was suffering. But the hurt he saw in her eyes not to mind angry at him made him feel so bad.

"She even talked about going back to her own place" Nuno said and Cris dropped his fork. "What?" he asked. "Elma said she mentioned something like that" Nuno shrugged. "But she can't" Cris said. "Why not?" Nuno asked. "It's too soon. She's still trying to come to terms with what happened to her" Cristiano said. "Just saying what I was told" Nuno said.

"Still getting the cold shoulder?" Elma asked as Cristiano laid stretched out on the couch in the living room. "Neither of them seem to want to be near me" Cristiano replied knowing exactly what his sister was asking. Dolores refused to speak to her son after the other day. She couldn't understand why he had purposely tried to provoke Molly.

Molly had just avoided him. Any time they were in the same room she left. He had really pissed her off he thought.

"Are you always this stupid or is this a recent thing?" Molly yelled as her backpack landed on Cristiano's feet. "What the fuck?" he cursed sitting up suddenly.

"It won't be your feet I'll be breaking if you pull another stunt like you did today" Molly yelled. "What did you do now?" Elma asked. "Sorry Cris" Nuno said entering the room. "Who the hell gets someone to follow a person who is already frightened to death as it is" Molly yelled as Cristiano stood in front of her.

"What is wrong?" Dolores asked as she made her way down the stairs having heard the noise.
"Your idiot son got Nuno to follow me today" Molly said poking Cristiano in the ribs. "Cris wanted me to keep an eye on Molly while she handed in her assignments" Nuno said. "I spent the whole day thinking someone was after me. I nearly knocked him out with a stapler when he finally decided to show himself" Molly said and Cristiano laughed.

"It's not funny" Molly said crossing her arms. "Of course it's not" Dolores said. "Well at least Nuno had the common decency to tell me eventually. Unlike you" Molly said to Cristiano who looked at his cousin. "She looked a bit anxious" Nuno shrugged. "I'm going upstairs" Molly said throwing her arms up in the air in annoyance.

"What were you thinking?" Elma asked. "You told us that the loan shark once followed her. You could have frightened her even more" Dolores said.

"I would have suggested Nuno go with her but i knew she wouldn't agree. I only wanted to keep an eye on her. Jezz the first time she's spoken to me in days and it's to yell at me. Great. Just great" Cristiano said.

"Did you have to laugh?" Nuno asked. "I couldn't help it. She sounded like the Molly I first met" Cris shrugged. "You barely know the girl. She barley knows us. This whole thing has been strange and a mess" Dolores said. "I'll stay away from her. You don't have to tell me again" he said to his mother.
"I wasn't going to. It was very kind to send Nuno to look out for her. Just think before you do something from now on" Dolores said placing a kiss on her son's cheek.

"As much as I hate to interrupt this mother and son moment. Jorge texted" Elma said waving her phone. "And?" Cris asked. "And he's on his way to Manchester. He has news" she said her eyes flicking to the stairs. "What sort of news? Have Madrid made a bid for Cristiano?" Dolores asked. "Don't think it's football related Máe" Cristiano replied.

Why would Jorge come?