Chapter 70- How Didn't I Know

Molly shook her head. She couldn't believe he was standing at her door. She wasn't in the mood to deal with him right now so naturally he would be here. "I suppose I should be happy you didn't break in this time" she muttered standing back to open the door before disappearing down the hall. Cristiano breathed a sigh of relief and closed the door after him. He followed her to the couch and smiled as she sat. Her simple halter top showed off her cute little neat bump. She was tiny considering she hadn't far long to go.

"What's this?" she asked when his phone landed next to her. "It's so you can shove it up my ass when I'm done apologizing" he said and a small smile appeared on her face but quickly disappeared. "I'm sorry Molly" he said. "You're just saying that because your sister gave out to you" she said. "I'm not. I am sorry. I shouldn't have annoyed you that night" he said. "You didn't annoy me. You pissed me off. I was only ringing to give you news. Since you didn't bother to even phone that day" she said.

"I know" he said. "But instead you got all moody with me for talking to your teammate" she said. "It wasn't fair I know" he said. "Fair. Fair. You accused me of forgetting that I was pregnant. Have you seen the size of me? It's kind of hard to forget you're pregnant when you're the size of a whale" she yelled. He laughed.

"Are you seriously laughing at me right now?" she yelled. He shook his head. "I'm not. It's just how many times do I have to tell you that you aren't fat" he smiled. "I am. And you haven't seen much of me to even know" she said and he sighed. "Molly" he said. "Just go Cristiano" she said and he frowned. He didn't know what to do and he just stood looking at her.

"What's in the bag?" Molly asked knowing he wasn't going to leave any time soon. "I was going to use it to get you to let me in" he smiled waving the bag back and forth in front of him. "Coco pops and chocolate ice cream" he grinned but frowned when he saw her face.

"What?" he asked. "I've gone off coco pops since I found out I was pregnant and chocolate ice cream gives me headaches so I can't eat that. But the girls in the office will eat it so it won't go to waste" she said and stood and took the bag from his hand. "I have some honeycomb ice cream if you want some?" she asked heading to the kitchen.

Cristiano watched as she walked. She's not eating coco pops. How didn't he now know this? "What's wrong?" Molly asked when she looked back at him. "Nothing" he lied and she opened the fridge door.

"What have you been up to?" he asked. "Nothing much. Visiting Katia and the kids. Helping Jorge a little. There's only so many times a girl can do Pilates in one day" she joked. "Pilates? Is that a good idea in your condition?" he asked. "I did it before I was pregnant and have been my whole pregnancy. Dr. Alex thinks it's a good idea. And it's safe as long as I don't push myself" she said placing the ice cream on the counter in front of him. She's been doing it all the pregnancy. Why didn't he know that? He thought as she went looking for some bowls. The door buzzed and he frowned. Who was coming here at this time? He wanted to spend time with her. Without anyone around he thought.

"Oh my pizza. I forgot" she said heading to the door. "Wait" he called out. "Yup" she said. "You're going to answer the door like that?" he asked as his eyes moved along her bare legs up to her blue shorts and top. She was barely dressed he thought.

"It's 35C and I'm hot. And I'd think before you say anything before you piss me off" she said turning away from him and she head to the door slowly. "Do you want money?" he called after her. "Thanks but it's paid for already" she shouted back and he could hear her laughing and talking to the delivery guy.

"If I knew you were coming I would have got you to pay for it" she said walking back to Cristiano. "It's the least you can do since you've being an ass" she smirked. "You were planning on eating that by yourself?" he asked nodding to the huge pizza box in her hands. "Yes" she said. "You planning on sharing?" he smiled. "You don't even know what it is?" she smiled. "Cheese, pepperoni, mushroom and pineapple" he said sounding sure of himself but he couldn't happen but doubt himself given the fact he didn't know what she liked anymore.

"I'll get the plates. You can take it over to the couch" she said and he knew he was right. "Why do you order pineapple when you don't like it?" he asked taking a seat on the couch. "Habit I guess" she shrugged handing him a plate. He smiled. She always ordered it for him the nights he stayed at her place when they were trying for a baby all that time ago. "So" he said as she sat on the other side of the couch. "Remember that morning we had breakfast..." she mumbled. "Ya" he said. He could hardly forget. He had acted like a complete nervous fool because he was scared he'd frighten her away. "Can we go back to the just eating and no talking part" she said picking up the remote. This was going to be even harder than he thought.

He ate as Molly flicked through the tv channels. "You're missing the part where we watched the Big Bang Theory" he muttered and she glanced at him. "Just saying" he mused. "I have some on DVDs" she said. "Want me to put it on?" he hoped. "I suppose you'd better. It would take me all night to get up off my knees to take it off the bottom shelf" she said pointing to the shelves near the TV. "I can't believe how big you've gotten since I last saw you" he said walking to the shelves. "Not that you're big. In fact only for knowing how far along you were I would say you were barley five months" he quickly said. He knew her size was a sore point. "Well it's been a while since you've seen my bump" she said taking a bite out of a slice of pizza.

"It hasn't" he said. "Just put on the DVD and eat your pizza before it goes cold" she said. "Or before you eat it" he smirked. "I'm eating for two" she smirked back and he laughed.

He sat back down on the couch but couldn't focus on the TV. He just kept looking at her. How she blew softly on the pizza before taking a bite. How she tapped her foot to the theme tune. Had it really been so long since he saw this. Since he saw her. Since he felt....

"Stop watching me and watch the TV" she said her eyes still on the TV. He sighed. "Molly" he said. She picked up the remote and pressed pause. She sat her plate down on the coffee table and turned to face him.

"Why are you here Cristiano?" she asked. "I came to see you. To apologise" he said. "Why? Why now? You could have phoned? You've been doing that all along. When you remember" she said. "I wanted to see you" he said. "And all the times you were meant to come. Did you not want to see me then" she asked. "Molly you know I would have come if I could have" he said.

"You would if you really wanted to" she said. "Of course I did" he said. "The whole reason it's me having your baby part from the fact that I was desperate for your help with my parents. Let me finish" she said holding her hand up when he went to speak. "The reason was so you could be involved. So you didn't miss out" she said.

"I've messed up" he muttered.

"Cris" she said. "I don't know anything anymore" he said. "Some would say you have never know anything" she said and Molly knew from his face that he was serious. "What are you trying to say?" she asked. "I don't know you. I don't know anything about you. Everyone knows you expect me" he said. "How do you mean?" she asked. "You're not eating coco pops. I didn't know you stopped going to school until you told me. I didn't know when it was your birthday. I didn't know when you hurt your toe" he said in a rush.

"Why the hell is everyone bothered about my bloody toe? See. The only thing that's wrong with it is that my feet are huge" she said half holding up her foot. "No they're not" he said.

"Look you can't change the last few months Cris" she said. "I'm sorry. And I know you're sick of me saying that but I am. I promise I'll be more involved" he said.

"Just stop taking it out on me. It's not my fault you've been awol during all of this. And you have Cris. I'm sorry if you don't like hearing it. But you have" she said.

"I want to be involved" he said.

"It's you missing out not me" she said and he smiled as she picked some pineapple off her slice of pizza and put it on his. "I don't want to feel I'm missing out" he said. "I can't do anything more Cris. It's up to you" she sighed. He lifted his hand to her cheek and stroked her cheek with a finger. It had been a long time since they had been like this. And it felt nice. Really nice.

"Let's watch some TV" she said moving her face back and his hand dropped. "Unless you have to be somewhere" she said taking a hold of the remote. "I couldn't think of anywhere else I'd rather be" he said and Molly smiled as she laid back against the couch.