Chapter 16- What To Do?

"Molly" Cristiano said. "Don't. Just don't. I don't even know why I'm telling you this. Why I am here?" she said running her hand through her hair. "Why are you here so? Why did you phone me?" he asked.
"Guess you were the only option. No one else knows about my parent's problem" she said. Whether or not he was her only option to talk to someone, Cristiano was glad she phoned him.

Molly smacked her hand against the dashboard of the car. "I'm sick of this. I'm sick of coming home to a place where I once felt safe to find strangers sitting on my couch" she yelled. "I shouldn't have broken in that night. I'm sorry" Cristiano said. "Did you mother tell you to say that" Molly said. "My mother doesn't know. If she did I wouldn't be in one piece right now" Cristiano said trying to block out the thoughts of his mother's reaction to his behaviour the last few days.

"At least she cares" Molly mumbled. "You know what, if you were to apologies for anything it would be for insulting me by asking me to have your baby" Molly said. "How is me choosing you an insult. If anything it's a compliant" Cristiano said. "Well you really need to work on your compliments then" she said.

"What's with the bag?" he asked gesturing to the bag by Molly's feet. "I don't really feel like staying in my apartment tonight so I'm going to stay at my parents house" she said. "Is that safe?" he asked. "Where do you suggest I go at this time of night?" she asked.

"You could stay at my house" Cristiano said quickly and he regretted uttering those words when he saw the horror on her face. "And risk the chance of you locking me up and taking me hostage until I agreed to your ridiculous idea. I don't think so" she said. "It's not ridiculous" he mumbled and saw Molly give him you've got to be kidding look. "Anyway how is that different to being alone in a car with me" he said and Molly stilled.

"I'm not going to kidnap you" he said and pulled the keys out of the ignition and threw them on her lap. The last thing he wanted was for Molly to be scared of him. The both sat in silence for a while and stared into the night. "Maybe you should leave Manchester" he said. "And go where? I can't just leave. I can't just abandon my family. Whatever I think of them, they're still my parents" she said. "He's not going to give up. If he doesn't get the money, then" he stopped talking. "Then he'll try and get me" Molly said avoiding looking at Cristiano.

"Don't you think I know that? Do you know the images that have been going around my head right now?" she said. Of course he did. Because he was picturing them too. "I've barley slept since all this has happened. If I'm not thinking about the loan shark, then it's your question.

"I don't understand why me? You could pick a million girls to have your baby. Some would do it for free. Why am I the choosen one?" she asked turning to look at him. He rested his head against the head rest and closed his eyes. He couldn't tell her why because he didn't know himself.

"Where the hell are you going?" he yelled and pulled the door shut. "Any where but here" she yelled back. "Do you really think I'm going to let you walk around the city alone at this time of night?" he said picking up the keys on her lap. "I'll drive you to your parents house. And don't even think about arguing" he said starting the car. "I'm letting you risk getting hurt because you are too stubborn to take my help" he said reversing the car out of the space.

"I'm not stubborn. And me not taking 100,000 from you in exchange for handing over a baby is not stubborn" she said. "I was talking about me giving you a lift" he said. "And you are stubborn. Now put on your seatbelt" he said. "And your cranky" she said clasping the seat belt. "Only when I get awoken in the middle of the night" he said putting the car into gear. "You know you wouldn't get much sleep with a baby in your house. And you don't even know where to take me" she said as he pulled away from the park. He did but he thought he best not tell her that so instead let her give him the directions to her parent's house. "I wouldn't mind my baby keeping me awake" he said. "You'd probably pawn it of on someone else anyway" she said. "You don't know anything about me" he said. "Yet you want me to give you a baby" she said.

As his car pulled up outside the house. "Thanks" Molly muttered. "Your welcome" he said. "You should get plenty of sleep now to help with your crankiness" Molly said. "Sleep wasn't the problem. I've had to listen to Zé complain about needing a new phone" he said. "I may have overreacted there" she said. "A little" he said.

"Tell him we're even. My bruises for his phone" she said. "You weren't meant to get hurt. It wasn't part of the plan" he said. "And what did you think would happen. That I'd jump at the chance to hand over a baby to you" she said. "I didn't think" he said. "You don't say" Molly said unbuckling her seat belt.

"What are you going to do?" he asked. "Right now I intend to try and sleep" she said and got out of the car. He lowered the window. "If you even think about saying you'll get what you want it won't be your phone I'll be breaking" she said looking in the window. "Can I just deal with the scum bag loan shark first" she said. "I was just going to say goodnight" he said and she shook her head and walked towards the front door.