Chapter 77- They Expect Me To Do What?

"Molly" Cristiano said as relief ran through his body at the sight of Molly awake" Elma said. "Hi" Molly said softly to Cris. "Hi" he smiled back and Dr. Alex stepped back into the room. Followed by Alanna with Junior in her arms.

"Oh perfect. You're here Cristiano" Dr. Alex said. "Is everything ok?" Cristiano asked. "Why don't you have a seat? I just need a quick chat with you both" Dr. Alex said to Cristiano and Molly. Molly grabbed Elma's arm when she attempted to move.

"Stay" she whispered and Elma nodded. Molly's focus was on Alanna. On the white blanket in her arms. She couldn't see the baby clearly but she knew he was there. "As you know your baby seemed reluctant to take his bottle this morning and any he did drink he seemed to spit it back up" Dr. Alex said. "And" Cristiano asked. "Well Alanna noticed and we ran some tests" she said.

"What's the matter?" Molly asked and she ignored the stare Cristiano gave her. "Is there something wrong?" she asked. "Some new-borns find it hard to digest the formula milk at first. It's more common than you would think" she said. "What does that mean?" he asked. "I know before when I brought it up you'd turn down the idea Molly, but I do think breastfeeding would help his digestive system" she said.

"What?" Cristiano and Molly both yelled in shock earning a confused look from both Dr. Alex and Alanna. "I know you're not keen but even if it was for a couple of feeds. We can swap back later if he feeds" she said. "But" Cristiano said as Molly's brain couldn't form words to speak. She wants me to breastfeed the baby I'm about to give up Molly thought in horror. "I hate to rush you Molly especially after your body has been through so much this morning. But it's really important. The little fella hasn't had much fluids all day and we can't run the risk of him becoming dehydrated" Dr. Alex said.

"Haven't you given her drugs that would affect her milk?" Elma asked since neither Molly nor Cristiano could think of anything to say. "Nothing that would affect him. So are we going to try?" Dr. Alex asked.

"He needs to eat" Cristiano said and Molly's head turned away from looking at Alanna to Cristiano sitting in a chair. They really expected her to do this? She held him once already and couldn't get the feeling of him laying on her. But this. "Molly" she heard her name been called and blinked a couple of times before nodding.

"That's good. Alanna will help you" Dr. Alex said. "It can be hard at first but you'll be fine. You can hold him and I'll explain what to do" Alanna said walking closer to the bed. "Most babies know what to do themselves" she said and Molly could feel her pulse beating faster. "Left breast I think Alanna. She has the IV in her right arm" Dr. Alex said making a note in Molly's chart. "What?" Molly yelled and saw the drip in her arm.

"Get it out. Get it out of me" she scream trying to pull it out. "Molly" everyone said in a panic and Elma tried grabbing her fingers. She needed it out. The last time she had an IV. "Molly it's ok. There's no need to be worried. I put the IV in myself. There's no need to be worried" Dr. Alex said and Molly's monitor started to return to normal Cristiano saw. "I need to leave it in a little longer. Now shall we continue?" she asked and Alanna placed Junior in Molly's arms.

And Molly slightly jumped at the feeling of the baby in her arms. She looked down to find a pair of wide eyes staring up at her. "Just tilt him to your nipple. Don't force him. He'll know what to do" Alanna said moving Molly's gown partly away. Molly took a deep breath. She could do this. The baby needed this she thought. She tilted him slightly and stroked his tiny arm. "He won't lach on" Molly groaned. "Give him a chance" Alanna said and Cristiano held his breath.

"Ouch" Molly said and Dr. Alex laughed. "Someone found the breast" Dr. Alex joked as Molly got used to the strange feeling of the baby sucking her breast. She stroked the baby's cheek as he suckled on her breast. It felt odd but so natural. She had done it. She had given birth to this beautiful baby she thought.

"Hopefully he'll keep the milk down" Dr. Alex said. "And then he can go back to the formula" Elma asked and she nodded. Elma watched as her new nephew snuggled up to Molly. She saw how natural Molly looked with him. She didn't want Molly to get hurt. If she got attached she'd find it harder to leave.

Cristiano leaned back in his chair his eyes amazed and confused at what he was witnessing. Things were going to be harder know. He knew Molly was determined not to be like her parents and follow through on things. But it wasn't going to happen today so he'd deal with another time he thought. He had so much to focus on. He had a son.