Chapter 76- Heart Skipped A Beat

Cristiano stared down at his sleeping son in his arms. He was a father. His beautiful son had arrived early and part of Cristiano was delighted as it meant he hadn't missed his birth. The moment he saw his son for the first time his heart skipped a beat.

He never knew he could love someone as much. Cristiano Ronaldo Dos Santos Averio Jr would be his life from now on he thought. Everything will revolve around him. All his decisions will be for his son.

"How will you manage two months not looking at him if you can't even manage a couple of minutes?" Katia asked coming closer to her brother. "I finally got Maé to hand him back to me" he smiled. Dolores and the rest of the family had arrived to meet the new member of the Averio family and had smothered him with kisses and cuddles.

"Another grandson. Of course Maé is delighted" Katia said. Cristiano looked to the bed. Molly was sleeping soundly like she had for the last few hours. "She's exhausted" Katia said. "Ya" he mumbled. His own heart rate had only just gone back to normal after all the commission earlier. The beeping. He couldn't get the beeping out of his head.

"Elma said she'll be ok" Katia said as the both looked at Molly. "Dr. Alex said she'll be ok after some rest" he said. Cristiano wished she wake right now. But he was also nervous. He couldn't get the picture of Molly holding his son out of his head. The look on her face when she saw and held him. He didn't know why but when he saw the tears on her face it scared him. Was she having second thoughts?

"She had a tough labour poor thing. Elma said it's amazing you're still standing. She really wanted to kill you and I can understand. No wonder she's exhausted" she said. Alanna came into the room and walked over to Molly's bed. "Is she ok?" he asked. "I'm just checking her vital signs. She'll be awake soon. Has the little one finished his bottle yet?" she asked. "Not all of it" Cristiano said trying and failing to get his son to take his bottle. "He doesn't seem to want it. And anything he has taken, he seems to spit it back up" he said. "Why don't I take him for a little bit and you can get something to eat and some rest?" Alanna asked.

"You have a few visitors who want to celebrate. I won't keep him for long" she said when Cristiano heisted. "Ya Cris let Alanna take over. Let's find something to eat and leave Molly rest" Katia said. She hadn't missed Alanna's certainty that she wanted to take the baby. Katia got the feeling she wanted to check something and didn't want to worry Cristiano.

Molly heard the door close as they all left and opened her eyes. She stared blankly at the wall she was facing. She felt so tired and her head was pounding but all she could feel was the beautiful little boy on her chest. She could still feel him. The warmth against her chest. His little cries. The look on his face when he snuggled against her and stopped crying.

The relief she felt when the birth was over was nothing to how it felt to hold the tiny person who had kicked her all these months. She hadn't meant to cry. But she couldn't stop herself. The relief. The emotions running around her head had all been too much and she broke down.

She was never meant to hold him. Cristiano was never meant to be with her. Katia was meant to take the baby as soon as he was born. Molly had it all worked out in her head. That was how it was meant to be. She was never meant to see him not to mind hold him. He was beautiful. She had given birth to the gorgeous boy.

A boy she wouldn't see grow up she thought as a tear fell onto her pillow. She needed to get out of the hospital soon. She couldn't face seeing Dolores and the others. As soon as she was able she would fly back to Manchester. She would try to find her parents and then she would fly... She didn't know where yet.

Molly heard the door opening and she sensed her peace and quiet was over. She gently and slowly rolled onto her back. "You're awake" Elma smiled at her. "Hi" she said. "We were nearly going to start taking bets on how long you'd sleep for" Elma joked. They weren't really. Molly hadn't just falling asleep. She had passed out. And Dr. Alex was still a little concerned about her.

"What time is?" Molly asked wincing as she sat up a little. "Almost lunch time" Elma said walking towards her. Wow she had slept for hours. Since a little after 5.31 am she thought. Since her heart skipped a beat when Dr. Alex placed the baby on her chest.

"How are you feeling?" Elma asked. "Like I've been hit by a bus. How did your sister do this twice?" Molly asked. "I know. You can ask her yourself. She's outside with Maé" Elma said. "I don't want any visitors" Molly said. "They'd like to see you Molly" she said. "I'd rather not Elma. I'm too tired to chat. I just want Dr. Alex to tell me when I can leave and then I'm going to the hotel and sleeping" she said. "Then what?" Elma asked. "I'll go back to England and back to normal" Molly replied.

Before Elma could talk the door opened and Dr. Alex appeared. "Óle Molly. I was beginning to think you were trying to get out of all the feeds and nappy changes. I thought it was usually the dads that did that" she joked. And Molly smiled slightly. "How are you feeling? You gave us all a bit of a scare earlier" she said. "Did I?" Molly asked confused.

"Oh ya. I think I aged another couple of years when you passed out" Elma said. "I passed out?" Molly asked. "You don't remember?" Elma asked. "It's not to worry about Molly. The exhaustion took over. Although I will admit your blood pressure and heart rates had me a little worried at times" Dr. Alex said flicking through Molly's chart.

"When can I get out of here?" Molly asked. "There's no rush. The clinic is quiet and you need your rest. I'd like to keep you and your baby in for a few days" she said. Molly winced slightly at the "your baby". "But you said I'm fine. I can rest away from here" Molly said.

"Molly" Dr. Alex said. "I'd like to leave sooner than later. I hate been here" she said. "I know you had a bad experience previously but you're safe here" Dr. Alex said. "I can't stay here" Molly said biting her lip. "I'll see about tomorrow. But really you should just try and rest here. Alanna will be back with Junior soon and you can spend some time with your son" Dr. Alex said and Molly laid her head against the pillow and stared up at the ceiling.

"Thanks" Elma said when Molly went quiet. "Hey Elma if you get pregnant in the year I won't charge. Get two deliveries get one free should be my motto with your family" she joked. "Ya" Elma laughed softly. "You ok?" Elma asked Molly when they were alone. "Can everyone stop asking me that" Molly snapped. "Ok" Elma said. "I'm sorry Elma. I'm just tired. And I hate been in this room. It just reminds me of stuff" Molly said. And not just Dr. Frenz. But all the times she had to go to hospital when she was growing up. She hated any medical place. "Jorge is already planning on signing Junior as a client. He joked he would bring in a contact" Elma said. "I hope he has all my stuff moved out of the apartment" Molly said.

"You don't have to leave that place Molly. You could stay. Cristiano doesn't mind" Elma said. "I'll be leaving Lisbon in a few days anyway. Jorge said he'd pick my stuff up when I went into labour" she said. And take them to her hotel room. Molly had wanted to just leave but Jorge had insisted he know where she was staying and arranged everything she needed. He had made it quite clear that he wanted to hear from her at least once a year when she left Lisbon. She assumed she would have no choice but to just send him a small email. Otherwise he'd probably hire a private investigator she thought. She assumed Cristiano had before they met since he had known all about her how much her parents owed due to a gambling debt.