Chapter 24- Very Uneasy

"Didn't sleep that much last night huh?" Elma said as Molly yawned. "Not really" she replied. "Not used to the heat I guess" Molly said tapping her foot. She knew Elma didn't believe her, but she didn't want to discuss the dream she had last night.

It had felt so real. She could still smell the baby as it laid on her chest. She shook her head. No thinking about the baby. Just think about the future. What she would do when all of this is over she thought.

"You can head in and get ready" the nurse said. "Thank you" Elma said to her as Molly and Elma stood from the chairs in the waiting room. "She must hate working on a Sunday" Molly said as they walked to the room. "She's getting paid enough, so don't worry about her" Elma said and took Molly's bag from her arm.

"Molly, I have to ask, are you sure you want to do this?" Elma asked as Molly unbuttoned her shirt. Molly nodded. "Molly" she asked. "I'm just nervous about the needle ok" Molly snapped back. Elma frowned. N matter what Molly said or how she acted both Elma and Katia knew she had to be pretending. They couldn't get their own heads around what she was about to do and they weren't eighteen years of age.

"You ok Elma?" Molly asked as she noticed the colour of Elma's face. "I don't feel that well. I'm going to get a drink of water" she said. "Ok" Molly said. "I'll have a check on the boys too" she said. "I don't know why they are here" Molly said. "I guess Cristiano wanted to feel part of today. Who knows why" she said leaving the room.

The car journey to the doctor's office was awkward to say the least. Zé didn't shut up the entire journey and Molly had a sicken feeling in her stomach.

A while later and after the nurse checked her blood pressure and left, Molly began to wonder where Elma was. She had been gone quiet a while now. "Hi" Cristiano said knocking slightly on the door. Molly jumped a little on the doctor's table. She hadn't been expecting him to come through the door.

"What are you doing here?" she asked shocked as she pulled the gown around her. "Elma is sick" he said. "Is she ok?" Molly asked. "She just ate something bad" he said. "Don't say that to your mother" she said. Even though she barely knew Dolores, Molly actually hated lying to her. Nearly everyone in the house knew what was going to happen today expect her. And it wasn't Molly's place to tell her.

"The nurse said you'll be getting the IV soon. I thought you might want someone when they put the needle into your arm" he said. "Don't say needle please" she said and rested her head against the back of the bed.

"Now Ms. Williams" Dr. Flenz said coming through the door. "Óle" he said to Cristiano in surprise. "Óle" Cristiano replied. "Right, everything looks good and we are all set to go" Dr. Frenz said leaving Molly's medical file on a nearby table. "I'll just give you the IV and after a few minutes we will start the insemination process" he said moving around the bed.

"Lovely weather today isn't it" the doctor said and both Cristiano and Molly bit their lips as they tried to stop laughing at how silly his choice of topic of conversation was. He was talking about the weather when he was about to implant sperm into her.

He took Molly's arm and ran his finger slowly down her arm and smiled. Something which made Cristiano uneasy.

"Now" he said holding the needle in his hand. She looked towards the door and Cristiano took her hand. "Just squeeze my hand" he said to her as Molly stared up at him in shock. As the needle pinched her sink she gripped his hand tightly.

"Now most women often leave soon after we are done. But I find the best results occur if the woman stays lying down for an hour afterwards" the doctor said. "That's fine" Molly said. Although she would rather leave straight away.
She tugged her hand out of Cristiano's hand. "You can go now" she said to him. "I can stay if you like" he whispered back to her as Dr. Frenz was busy. "Go" she said more forcefully and he nodded a sad smile.

"Are you not staying?" Dr. Frenz asked as Cristiano made his way to the door. "No. I only came in cos I got the short straw to be here when she got the needle. I'll leave you to your work" he said.

"Should I feel this tired?" Molly asked the doctor before Cristiano left. "Some woman find the IV can make the a little sleepy. No need to worry" he said. "Are you sure?" Cristiano asked. "Yes. Now I'm about to get started so.........."he said. "I'm going" Cristiano said.

Molly's arm felt tingly as the doctor smiled at her. "I must admit I was surprised when you walked into my office" he said lowering the bed height. "But now I'm very happy you did" he said and pushed Molly's legs apart roughly.

"Very happy" he smirked.