Chapter 35-When Do You Get The Kid

"Cris I can't find Molly. She's not in her room" Elma said as she barraged into her brother's bedroom. She stopped and took in the sight in front of her. There was Molly asleep with Cristiano at her side.

"Ronaldo" Elma whispered loudly as she shook her brother awake. "What?" he groaned. "Wake up" Elma said. He opened his to be met with his sister tapping her foot. "What?" he said and Elma pointed to his bed. He turned his head in his sleep state and found Molly's sleeping face on the pillow next to him.

"Care to explain" Elma said. He carefully sat up and followed Elma out of the room. As he closed the door behind him, Elma smacked him on the back of his head. "Hey what was that for?" he asked holding his hand against his head. "Why the fuck is Molly in your room. With you. Alone" Elma asked. "She fell asleep" he said.

"I gathered that. What was she doing there in the first place?" she asked. "She couldn't sleep. And she wanted to know more about Dr. Frenz" he whispered the last bit. "And you told her" Elma said in disbelief. "She deserved to know how much of a bastard he really is" Cristiano said. "And then what?" Elma asked.

"We watched the Barcelona game and she fell asleep" he said. "With you next to her" Elma said. "She had a nightmare ok. When I went to see if she was ok, she held my arm and I must have fallen asleep" he said. "Be careful Cris" Elma said shaking her head as she left her brother.

"Molly kick the ball" Rodrigo shouted. "Ok bossy boots" she said lightly licking the ball towards him. Zé and Hugo had arrived early in the morning and Molly was glad for a distraction. Even though she slept better than she had in days, Molly's mind was still occupied by thoughts of Dr. Frenz. When she had awoken this morning, she was confused for a moment where she was before remembering she had watched TV with Cristiano.

"Try to get the ball of me, Molly" Rodrigo shouted. "You know you have an uncle who plays far better than me. I'm not the best choice" she said. As she kicked the ball, it went one way and Marcosa came the other making Molly loose her balance.

"I think you're a good choice" a voice said as she went crashing in awaiting arms. "You seem to have a habit of catching me before I fall" she said as he straightened her so she was now back on her feet. Not when it counted he thought remembering her falling off the doctor's table.

"You two look like your having fun?" he said, his arms still on her waist. Something she hadn't tried to change.

"We are. And so is Marcosa" she said bending down to rub the dogs ears. He saw pain on her face when she stood. "I forgot about my ribs" she said. "If you're in pain I can get you some pain killers" he said. "No. No drugs" she said quickly. "Come play" Rodrigo said pulling at his uncle's shirt. "Your dad is making milkshakes. Do you want one?" he asked. "Yes" his nephew said and handed Cristiano the ball.

"Wow so Zé can do something other than break into apartments" Molly said as she watched Rodrigo run towards the house. "Technically we used a key" Cristiano said and Molly slapped his arm. "I thought you were told not to piss me off" she said. "I'm not very good at doing what I'm told" he grinned. "You're a muppet" she said as they reached the door.

"Now, Rodrigo watch the King of making milkshakes at his work" Zé proclaimed. "And people think that I have a big head" Cristiano whispered to Molly. "Well you sort of do" she smiled and he stared at her in shock. That smile was the first one in days.

"Now just add milk and turn it on" Zé said.

"Zé wait. Don't" Molly and Cristiano both shouted at the same time but it was no use. Zé flicked the switch on the blender sending the contents all over him and the kitchen.

"Shit" he screamed. "Guess you're not the master of remembering to put the lid on" Cristiano joked and Molly giggled. A small giggle turned into a bigger giggle and before she knew it she was laughing her head off so much there were tears in her eyes. "Not funny" Zé said as a blob of ice cream dripped down his face.

"What the hell happened here?" Elma asked as she carried shopping bags into the kitchen. "Zé tried to make milkshakes but he forget the lid" Molly laughed . "It's not funny" Zé said. "Ya it is" Cristiano laughed holding his phone up to take a picture. "Katia will love this one" he said showing the photo to Molly. "Is this funny?" Zé asked throwing a handful of ice cream at Cristiano. "What the hell?" Cristiano yelled as he wiped his face with his sleeve.

"Hey at least it was a good throw" Molly said laughing before letting out a squeal as a blob hit her shoulder. "Good throw" Zé smirked. "Oh now you've asked for it" she said throwing the nearby jug of milk at Zé. Cristiano picked up a handful of ice cream and threw it over Zé. Zé replied by smashing a handful of raspberries onto Cristiano's shirt.

"What in God's name is going on here?" Dolores shouted and Zé and Cristiano dropped the food in their hands. "Look at this mess" she said. "He started it" Molly, Cristiano and Zé all said pointing at each other. "I don't care who started, I'm finishing it. Acting like children. In front of Rodrigo too. Shame on you all. Go clean yourselves up. And my kitchen too" she said taking Rodrigo's hand and walked up the stairs.

"Well that wasn't a boring afternoon" Cristiano joked and Molly laughed. "I'm not cleaning this up on my own" Zé said heading up the stairs. "A food fight" Molly laughed as Cristiano looked for a towel. "You should do that more" he said. "Throw food at Zé" she said taking the towel from his hand.

"Laugh. You should laugh more" he said as she wiped her face. "I haven't had a reason to laugh a lot lately. I'm going to get changed. I'll be down in a few minutes to help you clean" she said handing him the towel.

"You know that you started it" Cristiano said to Zé as they cleaned the kitchen. "You and Molly laughed" he said. "Because it was funny. And that was the first time Molly has laughed in.. well since I've met her" Cristiano said. "Well she obviously doesn't laugh when she's around you since you're not funny" Zé joked. "Very funny" Cristiano said.

"Look, I know Molly has been through a lot lately. And I feel for her, really I do. But am I the only who hasn't forgotten the £100,000 you gave her for having your baby" Zé said. "Don't Zé" Cristiano warned. "Why not? Don't tell me that you've given up on the idea of been a dad because I know you" Zé said. "I've just been... Just been" Cristiano struggled to say the words.

"Just been distracted. Ya I know. But she's here because you choose her to have your kid. She got the money. When do you get the kid" Zé said.

"Dolores said that there better be milk left or someone other than her will be going to the shops" Molly said and both men looked up to see her standing by the couch, before she quickly ran back up the stairs.

"Fuck" Cristiano said.