Chapter 9- Panic

As Molly walked from the shop, she couldn't get the stop feeling that someone was watching her. She stopped to look in a shop window and glanced over her shoulder. There were plenty of people going about their day. Yet she couldn't shake the feeling that someone was watching her.
As she made her way to the bar where she worked Molly thought about the voice mail message that her mother left on her phone the previous night. She had been drunk of course but something made Molly wonder if everything was alright with her mother. And the only way to find out was to go visit her. Something Molly wasn't looking forward to.

As she reached the door to the bar, she rummaged through her bag for her keys. "Shit" she mumbled as the books she was carrying and the keys fell to the ground. She knelt down to pick them up when she saw a hand reach for one of the books. "Bit young to be clumsy aren't you" a voice said and Molly looked up to see man staring at her. "Thanks" she said as the man handed her the book. "This place good for food" he asked. "Yeah but we're not opening until 12" she said slowly as she tried to take hold of everything in her arms. "Might have to pop in after I finish my business" the man said and walked away.

"Hello again" a man's voice said making Molly jump as she restocked the bar. "Hello. What can I get you?" she asked. "Three pints please" he said and watched as Molly pulled the pints. The man Molly guessed was in his mid-forties. He was strongly built and wore a leather jacket like he was one of the t-birds from Grease. So did the two men who were with him.

"You look a lot like your mother" the man said as she placed a glass in front of him. "Excuse me" Molly said as she started to pour the next pint. "Do I know you?" Molly asked. "I'm a friend of your parents. You've grown up a lot since I last saw you" the man said looking her up and down with his eyes as she placed the glass in front of him. "How do you know my parents?" she asked. "We're are old friends" he said handing her money. "Keep the change" he said and walked away.

"Who was that?" Tim asked. "Don't know" Molly said trying to remember if she had seen the man before. "He's starting early. It's only just gone 12.30" he said. "Ya well some people drink no matter what time it is" Molly said trying not to picture as the times she found her Mum and Dad at the kitchen table with a bottle of vodka at 7 in the morning.

The lunch time rush forced Molly to stop thinking about the man and how he knew her parents. "Thanks for working today" Tim one of the bar managers said. "No probs. I'll see you later" she said grabbing her jacket and bag. She should go home as she hadn't slept much the last few nights as she had been studying but the phone call from her mother meant she needed to go visit her.

"How could you be so stupid" Molly yelled at her father. "It was a mistake" her father said. "A mistake is forgetting to take the bins out. Taking money from a loan shark is more than a mistake" Molly yelled. "I didn't think" he said back to her. "Well if you stopped drinking then maybe you could" she shouted. "We thought you should know" her mother said. "Why. Why was it so important for me to know" Molly asked walking up and down the living room. "Because......"Shut it Kitty" Mark said to her mother. "No let her talk" Molly said to her father. "He wants us to pay him back. He knows who you are" her mother said. "What. You think he'll hurt me to get you to pay up the money" Molly said in disbelief. "We don't know" her mother said. "Unbelievable. You mess up once more and I have to deal with it. You know for now on leave me out of anything to do with you. Pay the man his money. I'm sick of you trying to ruin my life" Molly said and stormed out of the house.

"Have fun with Mike, Sarah. I tell you about my visit to my parents tomorrow. Really I'm fine" Molly said into her phone as she put her ley into the lock of her front door. She walked into the dark apartment, tugging out her jacket while she walked. She threw it to where she knew the couch was and lifted her hand to the light switch.

A hand wrapped around her waist whilst another covered her mouth. Panic ran through her as the arm held onto her tighter. She pulled and twisted trying to break free of the persons hold. "Don't fight" a voice said into her ear. She lifted her leg and kicked the person's shin. A roar filled the room as Molly ran towards the door. "Fucking bitch" the voice shouted grabbing her leg and pulling her to the floor. She let out a scream and a hand clamped her mouth.

"Let her go" a voice said as a lamp lit the room.