Chapter 65- Starting To Change

You ready to go?" Elma asked Molly. "Ya I'm coming" she said standing from the chair in the doctor's office. It had been just under 8 weeks since she found she was pregnant and so much had changed. Cristiano and Molly hadn't spoken much. Only about how she was feeling. She had stayed in her apartment and had started to feel like she was actually having a baby. They hadn't told anyone about the baby but Elma had started to notice a change in Molly. And somehow had realised she was having a baby.

"You ok?" Elma asked as they walked. "Why wouldn't I be?" Molly asked. "You haven't been in a doctor's office since.... Well you know" she said. "I do and thanks for bringing it up Elma" Molly said. "Sorry it's just" she stuttered.

"It's ok Elma. I'm fine. Dr. Alex seems nice" Molly said. "She is. You ready to see your baby" Elma asked. "It's not my baby Elma" she said. "You know what I mean" she said. "We are here for a scan Elma" Molly said. "My brother should be here soon" she said. "He's been busy lately" Molly said. "Ya he has. Hasn't he" Elma wondered. "Hello Molly" Dr. Alex smiled as the two woman walked into the room. Molly took a deep breath. "Hi" she whispered. She could do this Molly thought. Just block out all thoughts.

Dr. Alex was a friend of Elma. And knew Molly was having Cristiano's baby. It was hard to avoid since he wanted to be so involved with her pregnancy. Not that he had been much. Molly had been around him a bit helping Jorge but they didn't talk like they used to. They didn't even argue which was even weirder. He was always on his phone lately.

"So shall we see how the baby is?" Dr. Alex asked and Molly nodded. "It's ok Molly. You're safe here" the doctor said. She had been the one who had looked at Molly after she had been attacked by Dr. Frenz. She knew how scared Molly was. So did Elma. But neither knew that it was the thought of seeing the baby growing inside on the screen that was the thing that she was most scared off. She knew she was pregnant. But she once she saw it for herself. The reality was really going to hit her. She could do it.

"Sorry I'm late" Cristiano said running into the room. "How is that we all came to Lisbon together yet you still can't get here on time" Elma said. The three of them had come to Lisbon in the morning for the scan. Once they knew everything was ok with the baby, Cristiano would tell his family.

"He hasn't missed anything Elma. Let him alone" Molly said. "Right let's get started" Dr. Alex said and

Molly lifted her top. "This might be a little cold" the doctor said squeezing some gel onto Molly's stomach. "Now let's see" she said and Elma and Cristiano stared at the screen. "There it is" Dr. Alex said pointing to a little dot on the screen. "Wow" Cristiano said staring at the screen. "Congratulations" Elma said smiling at her brother.

"Is everything ok?" he asked. "Everything looks perfect. Your baby seems ok" Dr. Alex said. "That's good. I still can't believe there's a baby inside Molly right now. She doesn't even look pregnant" Elma said staring at Molly. "She's still in her first trimester. Some women don't even show till much later" Dr. Alex smiled. Molly felt sick. First trimester. She had so many months to go. "Can you see the baby Molly" Dr. Alex asked and Molly turned her head to the screen. She nodded. She couldn't look too long. It wasn't her baby.

Cristiano's phone rang loudly and Elma frowned. "That phone is never out of you hand lately" Elma said. "Sorry" Cristiano said knocking it off. "Well that's everything. You have a list of dos and don'ts and just make sure you enjoy being pregnant" Dr. Alex smiled. "Everything is ok so" Cristiano asked. "Try not to worry" Dr. Alex smiled at him. Easy for her to say. She wasn't the one carrying someone else's kid.