Chapter Two (Rewrite)

As soon as Aurora got her timetable from Professor Slughorn, she made her way to leave the Great Hall and head to her first class. At this rate, she was going to beat Professor Slughorn to his own class.

Once she had gotten Potion's she saw that she wasn't the only early one, with Severus sitting in the front row. Aurora debated for a second before taking the seat right next to Severus.

Severus's dark eyes shot her a quick glare as he watched Aurora sit down next to him when there were plenty of open seats she could have sat.

"Now don't be like that Severus, you know you love me," Aurora said, shooting the boy a little smirk.

Severus just rolled his eyes not even looking at her, "I tolerate you."

"That coming from you is the highest endearment one can get," Aurora said playfully nudging him with her shoulder.

As more students started pouring into the classroom, Aurora noticed that this class was going to be shared with the Gryffindors. She couldn't help but release a tiny groan when she saw the four boys who decided to torment her last night. "Why couldn't we've been paired up with Hufflepuff this year?" Aurora thought to herself.

Once Slughorn came in he made his way to the front of the class and announced, "This year Professor McGonagall and I have decided that it would be a good idea to promote house unity among the different houses. So this year you will be paired up with someone in the opposite house." The class immediately erupted in chatter, Slughorn raised his hand to silence the class and continued, "Now to make things easier, I have already paired you up with your partner. Listen for your name then go find a seat next to them."

"Longbottom and Snape."

"Potter and Avery."

"Evans and Scamander."

"Lupin and Mucibler."

"Black and Malfoy," Slughorn told the class and Aurora clenched her jaw tight in annoyance. Of course, she had to be paired up with one of them, couldn't she have been paired up at least with Longbottom or McKinnon. Either of them would have been better than Black. Severus had already moved from his seat next to her to go sit by Longbottom, so Black was going to have to come and sit by her.

"Well don't we just keep running into each other. Maybe it's so I can keep an eye on you, who knows what you're up to?" Black said, taking the seat right next to her.

"Or Slughorn just wanted to pair you up with someone that actually knew what they were doing. Instead of having you blow up a cauldron again," Aurora rolled her eyes, this was going to be a long year especially if he kept being this chatty.

"That was one time Love in our first year, and if I remember correctly you thought it was pretty hilarious," Black smirked at her.

"I only laughed at you being a complete dimwit. And just so we're clear, it's Malfoy to you. Were not friends, so don't act like we are, Black," Aurora told him coldly and the smirk fell from his face as he looked at the girl.

Before he could reply Slughorn started his lesson. They both sat there taking notes with the oldest Black trying to get the attention of the Malfoy girl. It wasn't until he "accidentally" spilled his ink all over her parchment that he got a glare from her.

"You clumsy fool," Aurora hissed at her partner.

"Rather be a clumsy fool, then a cold-hearted bitch, oops I meant witch," Black bit back, not even bothering to help the girl clean up the ink which had just ruined her notes.

"Mr. Black, we don't use that language in this classroom. You will be joining Potter in detention tonight and five points from Gryffindor," Professor Slughorn spoke with a look of disappointment as he watched the two of them.