Chapter 22

Entering the forbidden forest was intimidating, to say the least. I looked between the four boys as we entered and I took a deep breath, knowing that it was finally time to complete the transformation. 

I could feel my hands start to tremble in anticipation. It's a weird feeling where I'm excited to do this but also scared. If this doesn't go right, I'm screwed, but I know I need to do this for Remus. He's been a werewolf since he was four and if he can do that and still be the person he is today, I can do this for him.

"Aurora was here. Were deep enough in the forest where no one will hear us or see you transform" James said breaking me out of my train of thought. I give him a small smile to tell him I'm ready. 

Remus walked up to me with the scarlet red potion in hand. "You still have time to back out Aurora. You don't have to do this, and I couldn't live with myself if something happened to you. I already couldn't stop these three idiots from doing it, and I don't want you to feel like you have to do this." Remus said sadly looking down at the grown in shame. 

My heart broke for him for how little he thinks of himself. I reached up and gave him a hug, and I looked behind him to see the other three staring at us with a sad expression of there friends words. 

I pulled away from Remus. "Hey listen to me, I know I don't have to do this, but I want to. You have been there for me with all my family drama, and this is the least I could do." I said smiling at him before adding "And being able to turn into an animal at will would be pretty cool and show off my amazing transfiguration skills. So don't go thinking this all for you Lupin." 

He finally smiled and shook his head at me, before handing me the potion. "Remember once you drink it you have to repeat this incantation over and over again until you transform. "Amato Animo Animato Animagus" You understand? Or it won't work." Remus said, and I nodded in understanding. 

Remus backed up to where the other three were standing watching me. Sirius looked worried but was trying to keep a neutral look trying not to worry me. James looked like a proud father, while Peter was fidgeting around looking a little-frightened being in the forbidden forest. 

Not wanting to waste any more time I uncapped the potion and gulped it down feeling the liquid burn down my throat. "Amato Animo Animato Animagus. Amato Animo Animato Animagus. Amato Animo Animato Animagus. Amato Animo Animato Animagus."

Then I feel down on to my knees in pain, but I had to keep going. "Amato Animo Animato Animagus. Amato Animo Animato Animagus. Amato Animo Animato Animagus. Amato Animo Animato Animagus." I looked over to the boys to see Remus, James, and Peter all holding Sirius back. "Amato Animo Animato Animagus," I say one last time before I feel something happening.

The next thing I know I'm on all fours and the pain has subsided. I look down to see silver white paws. "What in Merlin's name am I?" I wonder. 

The boys all come up to me with smiles on there face. Sirius crouches down on the ground, and I walk over to him. "You did it," he said. "Look at you, and to think I doubted you for a second over there," James said smirking. I bared my teeth at him in response, and he just put his hands up in defense. 

"Do you want to try turning back?" Sirius asked, and I nodded my head in agreement. I closed my eyes thinking about my human form.

When I opened my eyes, I was back standing on my own two feet. I looked at the four boys and smirked. "See you were worried for nothing." 

"Yeah, but you scared us there for a minute love," Sirius said. "So do I have to wait or are one of you going to tell me what my animagus form was?" I asked excitedly wanting to know.

"Well my dear Aurora, you turned into none other than a" Sirius said but was abruptly caught off by James shouting "Fox. You turned into a white fox." Sirius glared at James but turned back to look at me. I smiled then said, "Well foxes are known to be cunning, makes sense." James groaned "I sometimes forget that you are a Slytherin." "Hey I know we don't have the best track record, but being a Slytherin doesn't make you automatically evil. Don't I prove that enough to you four." I said earning groans from all four. 

"Your bloody animagus form even has the signature Malfoy hair" Sirius added. "And you're a black dog, that represents the great house of Black," I said sarcastically. He scoffs than says "I guess we both represent how awful forsaken families, don't we?" 

I shrug not wanting to be compared to them and there prejudice ideals. 

James walked over to me and stood between Sirius and me putting his arms around us. "And yet you both have proven that you are so much more than what your family names represent. And I'm glad to have both of you in my life." James said. 

Than Remus and Peter walked over joining us. "me too," Peter said. "I am too, you all have helped me so much these past five years. And have accepted me, even though I turn into a beast." Remus said.  

I feel the tears welling up in my eyes. I can't believe how lucky I am to have found friends in these troublemakers. "Okay, lets head back to the castle. This is getting too touchy and feely for my taste." Sirius said, and we all nodded in agreement and made our way back that night.