Chapter 33

I started to stir as my head felt like it was pounding from the inside out. I slowly opened my eyes as they felt heavy. My vision was blurry with what seemed like moonlight coming through a window. Blinking a few times to clear up my vision I look around to see that I'm in the hospital wing. "What am I doing here? What happened?" I thought to myself as I kept looking around. And noticed a sleeping figure next to my hospital bed sitting in the chair. I looked more closely and saw that it was Sirius.

"Sirius" I tried to say but it came out more as a rasp because my throat was so dry. I swallowed and tried again finally causing him to jump awake. I saw as he went to grab his wand on impulse before he fully came to it when he looked at me with wide eyes. I gave him a small smile before he rushed over to my side pulling me into a bone-crushing hug.

I wrapped my arms around his back and nuzzled my head into his neck as he rested his head on the top of mine. I can't help but feel safe in his arms.

"I'm so glad you're awake" he choked out.

I pulled away from him and looked up to see that he had tears in his eyes. I felt my heart clench at the sight.

I brought my hands up and cupped his cheeks gently wiping away a few tears that slipped down his cheeks."I'm okay. Everything is okay," I promised him and he gave me a small sad smile in return.

"Sirius, What happened? The last thing I remember is getting on the train to come to Hogwarts," I asked.

He moved and sat on the edge of the bed next to me.

"That was over three months ago," he said.

"What? What happened?" I asked gaping at him in surprise.

He took my hand into his and gave it a tight squeeze. "Well, you went missing for two of those months. We got off the train at Hogwarts and you left something on the train and had to go back on to get it. Then you disappeared..." he said then trailed off towards the end.

"You said it's been over three months. Where was I for the other month?" I questioned him.

"You were here at Hogwarts, and you were being controlled," he said.

"What do you mean I was being controlled?" I asked in a hushed voice.

"Well after you returned after those first couple months, you said you were staying with your parents because your mum was ill. Then you came back wearing this weird emerald and gold snake necklace, that we found out later was controlling you. It finally clicked why you were acting so weird, it happened when we found you talking with Lucious up in the astronomy tower and you could say some things went down. And one thing led to another and I held you down while the others got that bloody necklace off of you. That was about a week ago," he rambled out.

I stared at him with wide eyes as he said everything. It was too much to take in then everything went black.

Images started flashing through my mind. Bellatrix, a cold dark room, a cellar floor, Malfoy Manor, my father standing over me, him casting torture courses at me, looking down at the cuts and bruises all over my body, more of my father torturing me, than him putting something around my neck.

"Aurora, come on please wake up," a pleading voice said causing me to come out of my dream like state.

I looked up towards the voice to Sirius starring down at me with a worried look.

"My mum wasn't sick," I told him.

"What?" he asked confused.

"That was a cover-up. I'm pretty sure. When I blacked out these images were rushing through my head of Bellatrix stopping me on the train than I was in my family's manor cellar or dungeon or whatever. And my father was there. He was uh let's say practicing his magic on me," I said letting a little laugh out at the end.

"What did he do?" Sirius practically growled with a murderous look in his eyes.

I quickly grabbed his hands in both of mine to try and calm him down. Before he does something that the both of us will regret. I pulled him back down on the bed next to me so we were side by side. I wrapped my arm around his torso and lay my head on his chest.

"I'm okay now. Everything is fine. Were together now and that's what matters," I told him tilting my head up to meet his grey eyes which were looking down at me.

"He's going to pay for this. I promise you, I won't let him or anyone else hurt you again," he said staring down at me.

"He'll get what is coming to them. They all will, your parents too and all of he who must not be named supporters. One way or another it's gonna catch up with them," I promised to him.

"We both came from pretty messed up families didn't we?" he said letting out a little chuckle.

"That we did. But, hey we proved that we don't have to be like them," I told him nuzzling back into his warm chest.

"That we did," he said tightening his grip around me like he was afraid I would disappear.

"I'm not going anywhere" I whispered.

"Just want to make sure," he said tiredly before we both drifted off.