Chapter 24

The summer has been going by fast were almost halfway through it. The Potter's have been great to me, and it's the kind of family I wish I had. They accepted me when my own family didn't, and I will forever be grateful to them. 

After James practically guilt tripped me into playing Quidditch with him it was actually kind of fun. Besides the fact that I could fall off and die at any moment. I'll play with him this summer, but there is no way I'm going out for the Slytherin Quidditch team.

It was during the middle of the night when a loud noise coming from downstairs woke me up. I got out of bed to see what it was. And when I opened my door, I see James do the same thing from his room across from mine.

"What do you think it was?" I asked him with concern. "I don't know let's go see," he said, and I followed him as we made our way down the stairs. Once we got to the bottom, I could see someone laying down on the ground in front of the fireplace.

We got closer, and I saw that it was Sirius. My heart dropped as I looked at him. I rushed over to his side, "Sirius, what happened?" my voice quivered as tears came down my cheeks. He didn't answer I turned to James who was standing there in shock. "Go get your mom and dad. Hurry he's hurt." I told him. And he snapped out of it racing up the stairs to get his parents.

I grabbed Sirius's hand in mine and pulled it to my lips kissing his bruised knuckles. He was barely breathing. "Sirius I promise you that you'll be okay. Your to strong to give up" I told him, and he opened his eyes looking at me. 

Footsteps came rushing down the stairs. I heard Fleamont and Euphemia gasp at the sight. Euphemia came over to my side with her wand. "I'm going to heal you up, Sirius. You're going to be better than ever," she said than proceeded with the spells.

Once she was done, she turned to me. "He'll be okay. He needs to rest," she said. I nodded still holding on tightly to his hand. "James, come over here and help Aurora move Sirius off the ground on to the couch. Tomorrow once he's able to move we'll set him up a room next to yours and Aurora." Euphemia said, and James came over to me. We moved him on to the couch. "I'm gonna go get him some blankets and pillows," James said.

I sat down on the floor next to Sirius not wanting to leave his side. 

Euphemia came over to me and put her hand on my shoulder. "He'll be okay. He's a strong, stubborn boy and if you think for a second, he's going to pass giving his parents the satisfaction your wrong. He can get through anything he sets his mind to," she said. I nodded my head and said I know. "If you're going stay down here by his side Fleamont and I are gonna head back up to bed. But get us if anything changes. Goodnight my dear." she said then made her way over Fleamont, and they gave each other a look of concern for the injured boy on their couch. 

James came back down and laid the blanket over Sirius and then took a spot the chair. 

"He'll be alright," he said trying to make me feel better and a little to himself in worry for his best friend. "I know," I told him that the room was silent. 

Time Skip:

I woke up to gasping coming from the person on the couch. I shot up quickly causing Sirius to look at me with wide eyes. "Hey, you're okay. You're safe, do you remember what happened to you?" I asked, and he visibly calmed down. 

He starts to sit up. "Hey easy there you've been through a lot mate," James said obviously awoken from Sirius's gasping. Sirius just shook his head and sat the rest of the way up. And I sat down next to him. 

"I'm going to go tell mum and dad that you're awake," James said then left the room.

Sirius was staring at where James used to be. I gently took my hand and turned his head to me, and he wouldn't meet my gaze. "What happened?" I asked again. He let out a little chuckle. "My mother and father finally had enough of my antics. Hit me with the unforgivable a few times than burned my name of the family tree. I got out there quick as I could and floo here." he said sadly. I pulled him into my arms until he was practically laying on top of me. His head was on my chest as his arms were wrapped around me. I was rubbing soothing circles into his back when he asked: "You don't think I'm weak right?"

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "Look at me," I told him, and he looked up slowly his eyes meeting mine. "Sirius Orion Black you are not weak. You are the strongest man I know, and nothing will change that. I love you," I told him, and my eyes widen at my confession I'm about to take it back when he says "I love you to Aurora." He moved up and captured my lips in a sweet kiss.