Chapter 32

Sitting here surrounded by Gryffindors I can't even think. As they go on talking about random things that aren't even useful. It's been a month and I still have not got any good information out of them. All I know is Dumbledore has some sort of group organized to help defeat Lord Voldemort. Which my father already knew about, so I got nothing. And my father is growing more impatient by the day. And now I have Luscious breathing down my neck too. I need to find out something that will help the Dark Lord in his rise to power. 

"Aurora, what do you think?" Sirius asked breaking my train of thought. 

"Huh?" I stammered out. 

"Are you feeling okay? You've been acting kinda off," Sirius questioned.

"I'm fine. Just got a lot on my mind," I said giving him and the rest of the group a tight lip smile to reassure them. 

"Anything we can help you with?" Remus asked concerned. "Yeah, you've been doing that a lot lately. Are you sure your okay?" Lily added. 

"I promise I'm fine. Can we just leave it alone," I said trying to get them to back off.

"No, need to get feisty love. We're just concerned that's all," Sirius protested.

I took a deep breath trying to calm down before saying "I know. I'm sorry I know you guys are just trying to help me, but I promise if something was wrong I would tell you," I told all five of them. They just nodded and I glanced at the clock in the Gryffindor common room and saw that it was already half past nine. Which means I'm late to meet Luscious in the astronomy tower.

"I gotta go. I'll talk to you all tomorrow," I said getting up from my spot next to Sirius and James. 

Sirius got up and followed me to the door. "Where are you going, Aurora?" he questioned. 

"I have to go meet Alice. She needs help in astronomy and I told her I would help her tonight. I'll see you tomorrow I promise," I said thinking of a quick lie. Because I don't think he would be for me to go meet up with my brother. So I leaned in and gave him a kiss on the cheek before leaving the common room to meet Lucious. 

SIRIUS POV

I went back to my spot on the couch next to James. Something was not right with Aurora she's been acting strange since she has gotten back to Hogwarts. 

"Has Aurora seemed off to you?" I asked the four of them.

"I don't how to exactly to put it, she's just been different since she's gotten back. It's like she's... I don't know pretending to be like the Aurora she was before she left," James shrugged.

I think back on all the time we've been spending together and anytime I would try to question her she would just shut me up with a kiss. "What is she hiding?" I thought to myself. 

"She would tell us if something was wrong," Lily said though it was more like she was trying to make herself believe it. 

"Where exactly did she have to run off to, Pads?" James asked. 

"She said she had to go meet Alice to help her with astronomy," I told him. 

"Are you sure that's what she said. Because Alice told me that she and Frank were going out tonight if you know what I mean," Lily said. 

"Yeah, I'm sure. Aurora wouldn't lie about where she is going. Would she?" I questioned. "Who could she be meeting then?" I added. 

"I don't know, but Aurora now I think about it has been sneaking off a lot lately in the middle of the night. I've asked a few time where she goes but she just says she has to go clear her head," Lily said.