🍫Or So I Thought🍫

currently obsessed with waterparks ^^^^

mentions of self harm

this is a soulmate au where you share scars with your soulmate (baku doesnt see the little scar on his right eye)

~~

I met my soulmate at a young age. We both had a small scar under our right wristbone. That's all the confirmation we needed. We never had a romantic relationship, but I knew my soulmate and had gotten that shit out of the way.

Or so I thought.

Every few nights, these scars would appear on my wrists. One night, I stayed up and watched the scars embed themselves on my skin. I was so confused. I knew my soulmate, so what's going on?

I knew my soulmate.

Or so I thought.

~~

"Oi! Deku! Let me see your wrists!" I yell. Deku jumps, startled.

"Bakugou, come on, don't harass him for one day please." Kirishima says. He hasn't been getting a lot of sleep lately, so he's really tired, and I'm betting he's really fed up with my shit.

"No, it's fine, Kirishima-kun." Deku rolls up his sleeves and shows me his wrists. There's no signs of any scars. I groan in frustration.

"What's got you so frustrated anyway?" Kirishima asks.

"I thought Deku and I were soulmates, but apparently not."

"Wait, we're not?!" 

"Nope." I roll up my own sleeves to reveal the scars littering my arms. "And it's not just on my arms. It's on my thighs, ankles, and hips."

"Oh, are they still appearing?"

"Yeah, every few nights."

"You have to find your soulmate soon so you can stop them, it looks really bad." Deku looks over my arms.

"That's what I'm trying to do." I turn to Kirishima. "Are you okay, Kiri? You've been awfully quiet."

"Hm? Oh, I'm fine." Kirishima flashes an unconvincing smile.

"Wait..." Deku trails off. He inspects my face, then Kirishima's. "You two have the same scar above your right eye. Maybe you two are soulmates? But that means Kirishima..."

"Kirishima." I look at him. He looks back at me with pure fear in his eyes. "Tell me the truth. Do we have the same scar on our right eye?"

He takes a quick glance at my right eye, then shakes his head, the fear not having left his eyes. Deku shakes his head.

"No, you do." Deku says.

"Well, you two thought you were soulmates, let's not be too hasty." Kiri nervously laughs.

"You're right. We'd need more evidence." I start. Kirishima relaxes. "Kirishima, show me your arms."

"Uh... I really doubt that'd we'd be soulmates."

"Kirishima-kun, even if you're not, I think it's best if you show us your arms." Deku says, concern apparent in his voice.

"Mmm, well, I think it's best if I don't."

"Kirishima, you can either do this willingly, or I can roll up your sleeves myself through force." I threaten.

"Kacchan, I don't think that's the way to go about things."

"Shut the fuck up, Deku."

"Guys, I think it's just best to leave me out of this." Kirishima stands up and starts to slowly back away.

"Kirishima, I will wrestle you to the goddamn ground if you don't show me your arms right now."

"I really don't see why this is such a big deal..." He trails off.

"Because we care about you, Kirishima-kun. If something's going on, we want to make you feel better."

"Well, I can assure you, everything's fine."

"If everything was fine, you'd show us your arms!" I sternly say, my voice gradually getting louder. Kirishima jumps slightly, startled by my tone. I sigh. "Eijiro, what I mean is... we're not gonna be mad or upset. We just want to know so we can help."

"Kirishima-kun, if you want me to leave, I can." Deku says, smiling. Kirishima sharply inhales, then nods. Deku leaves.

"Eijiro, please, just show me your arms. I promise I won't be mad or upset, okay? I just want to see. I can't judge much on my arms." I take one of his hands in mine. He trembles slightly as he rolls up his sleeves, exposing many long, deep cuts all along his arms. The scabs, scars, and cuts look very similar to the placing of the scars on my arms.

"Is it the same on your hips, thighs, and ankles?" I ask. He nods.

"I'm so sorry, Katsuki..." He mumbles as he trembles more, his fingers tracing the wounds on his arms. I hug him, holding him close to my body. He sobs into my neck.

"Shh-shh. You have nothing to be sorry about, Eijiro. It's okay. You're okay." I whisper, trying to comfort him. He grips the back of my shirt tightly, continuing to sob, just a little bit quieter. "It's okay, Eijiro, you can stop crying. Please stop crying."

Kirishima whimpers. I pull back from our hug and use my finger to lift his chin up to look at me. Tears streak his cheeks, his eyes are puffy and red. I cup his cheek.

"It's going to be alright, Eijiro. Trust me." I smile at him. He goes straight back to hugging me, his head buried in my neck. I pet his hair.

"So, we're soulmates, huh?" Kirishima asks.

"Yeah... I guess we are." I respond.

"Do you wanna be my boyfriend?" He gulps.

"Of course." I chuckle. Kirishima sways us side to side. After a few minutes, he pulls away.

"So," he starts, wiping his cheeks. "Do you wanna go... cuddle... or whatever couples do?"

"Yeah, let's go to my house."

"Okay." He holds my hand as we start walking out of the building. "Why did you and Midoriya think you were soulmates?"

"Oh, we both had a small scar under our wrist bone. I think that was just a coincidence, though."

"I have a small scar under my wrist bone." Kirishima says, looking at his wrist. "I'm sorry."

"About what?"

"Those scars on your arms? They're permanent. As long as they're on my arms, they're on yours. People are gonna think you used to cut yourself."

"Let them believe whatever they want to believe. I will wear these scars like I'll wear your hoodies. With pride, knowing they belong to my amazing ass boyfriend. And no one needs to know they belong to you, just me knowing I share these with you is enough."

"You're gonna wear my hoodies?" He chuckles.

"I am going to steal your hoodies, work with it."

~~

mmmmmm this was fun to write

im currently having a midlife crisis so some fluff in my life is appreciated, balance out the bad shit kinda

i also think im having a depressive episode, but i have no idea? and im also thinking of doing nothing but drinking water for the next week, and i have no idea why?

life is just really confusing and bad for me currently, but ill try to get some smut and fluff out asap

keep the change ya filthy animals