🎂Can't Help Falling In Love With You... Again🎂

i promised

i fucking promised i wouldnt start another oneshot until i finished the ones in my drafts

post publish edit: i really forgot to give this chapter a name

~~

Amnesia.

It's where you forget everything. Whether you slowly forget as you grow old, or you forget everything all at once due to traumatic head injury.

Sometimes you just forget people, or events, or places, or how to speak your native language. Sometimes you forget your entire self. Who you were.

And the worst thing about forgetting who you were? The worst thing about amnesia?

You never get to be that person again. You never get those memories again. Your pre-amnesia self seems like an entirely different person.

You lose everything you had.

~~

I sit up in the hospital bed, looking around. No one's here. I look down at my hands. Bandaged arms. Hospital gown.

Where am I exactly? Where is this hospital?

A nurse suddenly walks through the door. She looks up at me, then jumps back slightly in surprise.

"Oh, you're awake. Just let me take your vitals and I'll send in your friends." She walks towards me, looking at different stuff. "You're parents had to go to work, but they miss you. You're friends have been here for a week, waiting for you to wake up."

She gets done and leaves. I never said a word. Soon, four people come through the door. One of them runs up and hugs me.

"I thought you weren't gonna wake up! Jesus, Eijiro, don't do that again!" He says. Another person walks through the door, wearing a lot of black.

"Eijiro, it's good to see you awake. You'll stay here for a bit so the doctors can check for injury, then you'll be back in class." He explains, putting his hands in his pockets.

"I-I'm so sorry, I don't know what you're talking about." I say.

"What do you mean?" The black haired man asks.

"Do I know any of you?" I ask in return. A girl with pink skin bursts into tears. I gasp and tense. "A-Are you okay?"

"You've forgotten us! How, Eijiro? I don't understand!" She cries. A yellow haired guy rubs her back.

"Is that my name?" I ask. Eijiro...? What's after that? Is that my first or last name?

"Bakugou, you know him best," A guy with black hair says. "We'll leave you to him."

They all rush out, except... Bakugou? That's his name, right?

"Eijiro..." He says quietly. "Do you remember anything?" He sits in front of me. I shake my head. He sighs.

"I'm Katsuki Bakugou. You are Eijiro Kirishima. You go to school at U.A., the best hero school in Japan. You have black hair that you dye red. You hate crying, but love making others feel better. You like giving people like me a shot at things. You're friends with everyone." He tucks some of my hair behind my ear. "You got into an accident. A civilian was pushed out into the road in front of a truck, but you pushed them forward and got hit instead. You've been in a coma for the past week."

I slowly shake my head. "None of that rings a bell. I'm sorry, Katsuki." Tears escape his eyes. I place my hand on his damp cheek. A sharp pain hits my skull and I close my eyes.