🎂The Flowers That Grew In My Throat🎂

only took me 17 years

~~

What the hell?

I gain consciousness. My body is surrounded by a comforting warmth.

I'm supposed to be dead. I flat lined. I heard the continuous beep of the heartmonitor. I'm dead.

Is this the afterlife? Am I in the afterlife? But then... why do I hear the beeping of the monitor?

I open my eyes but immediately shut them closed. The bright lights of the hospital hurts my eyes.

Am I alive?

I slowly blink my eyes open, the lights still blinding but tolerable. I go to sit up, but can't. I look down and a puff of ash blonde hair lays on my chest.

Bakugou... Bakugou! I'm alive! But how? I did die... what happened?

I decide to simply lay on the bed and wait for the blonde boy on my chest to wake up. I look over at the table beside my bed and see my favourite book on it. I smile and grab it, starting to read it.

After a couple hours, Bakugou stirs. I sit up slightly and rubs his eyes.

"Mornin', sleeping beauty." I chuckle, closing the book and putting it away.

"Kirishima...?" He looks towards me with his sleepy eyes and gasps. He engulfs me in a hug. "Oh my god, Kirishima! Don't ever do that to me again!" He hits my shoulder.

I smile. "So, what happened? I flat lined, didn't I?"

"Yeah, for a few seconds. Right after you closed your eyes I leaned in and kissed you. After, like, 30 seconds of just praying and hoping, your heart started beating again."

I nod.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"What?"

"That you liked me, dumbass. You didn't have to die for a few seconds if you'd just told me sooner."

"I..." I sigh. "I was scared. I've only ever loved one other person and they rejected me."

Bakugou puts his hand on my cheek. "But I'm not him." A single tear rolls down his skin. "I love you too, and, god, to think I worsened your cond-"

"Shut up, you idiot." I cut him off. "You didn't worsen my condition. You didn't choose to. You were just yourself, Katsuki, because I find you so fuckin' lovable."

I put my hand on his cheek, wiping away some other tears that fell.

"If you did anything, you saved me. You chose to save me."

"I couldn't just let you die." His voice wavers. "I wouldn't."

I lean up and kiss him. He kisses back and wraps his arms around my neck.

"How long was I out?" I ask.

"A month."

"A month?!" I yell. "Are you kidding me? You have to be joking!"

"Nope. Doctor's were telling me to get out of here because my symptoms were gone and you probably weren't going to survive so I basically said fuck you to them and if you died I wanted to be by your side."

"Fuck..." I run my hand through my hair. "Did I miss anything?"

"No, not really. Just me crying." He punches my shoulder again. "Like I said, don't fucking do that to me ever again. If you do, I'll fucking kill you."

"I'm sure you will." I kiss him again, softly.

"They're gonna keep you here to monitor you for a little bit. I'm not leaving until you are." He rubs my shoulder. "Wanna go to the garden?"

"Yeah. I'd love to." I smile.

~~

We sneak out to the hospital's garden. If we didn't, we'd be pestered by doctors and shit. I'd rather not have that.

We walk on the paths, hand in hand. Silently observing the plants growing. I've always loved the smell of the garden. All the different flowers emitting different scents.

And the animals. The butterflies and birds you see. The dragonflies that are quiet friendly. The frogs you can see by the small pond.

This garden is the thing that kept me sane in this God forsaken hospital. Well, before Bakugou.

Bakugou pulls me over to the bench by the marigolds. I smile.

"Marigolds... the flowers that grew in my throat." I say as I sit down.

"Huh. Mine were roses. Specifically pink ones."

I nod. We sit in comfortable silence as we watch butterflies and bees hop from flower to flower. The sun shines behind us, keeping our backs heated.

I let my head fall to rest on Bakugou's shoulder. I start singing a lullaby my mom sang to me when I was younger.

Bakugou links his hand with mine and leans against me. A butterfly lands on our intertwined hands. I smile while singing.

For the rest of the song, the butterfly doesn't move. It stands on our fingers, it's pretty purple wings fluttering slowly.

"How pretty." I whisper. I feel Bakugou nod.

"You have a nice voice." He whispers back.

"Thank you." I smile.

~~

After a few days of testing and making sure I'm safe, I'm finally discharged with Bakugou. His parents drive me home, since my mom is at work and unable to pick me up.

"Thank you, Mr. and Mrs. Bakugou, it's much appreciated." I smile at them.

"Oh, don't worry about it, dear. You basically saved our son's life, and he saved yours." Mrs. Bakugou says. "Katsuki, why don't you go ahead and walk him to the door."

"He doesn't need me to, mom, he can walk on his own." He grumbles while opening his door. I chuckle while getting out of the car too.

"Well, uh..." I laugh. "I wish we had met under different circumstances and not... y'know, it the hospital for hanahaki. But I'm glad I met you. And I'm glad I'll be able to keep seeing you." I lightly punch his shoulder.

"Whatever." He smiles. I'm about to kiss him when I hear my name being called.

"Kirishima!" A familiar voice calls out. I look towards it.

Him.

The guy who rejected me and told me I'm disgusting, my ex-best friend. Him.

"Eijiro, who's this?" Bakugou whispers. Daito comes up to me and hooks an arm around my neck.

"Where were you, man? Been lookin' all over. School wouldn't tell me where you were." Daito rubs the back of his neck. "And about what you told me, I'm sorry. I-I think I was just scared. I-I like you too."

I glare at him. "Little fuckin' late for that." I kiss Bakugou, then kiss his cheek. "Oh, and so you know, I was in the hospital with hanahaki because of you. Now see ya." I wave him off. He grits his teeth together and stomps off.

"Wow. What an ass." Bakugou kisses my cheek. "I'll see you this weekend, right?"

"Yup!" I wave to him as he walks back to his parents' car. As they drive off, I smile to myself.

~~

wow a sequel finally

took me long enough hope yall like it that fucking babble n shit

i got a hair cut

looks nothing like what i wanted but the hair stylist was a bitch anyway

keep the change ya filthy animals