4. Familiar Face

GIANNA POV:

GIANNA POV:

Today was going to be an uneventful day. I woke up to see Alessandro already getting ready for his last minute meeting today. I slowly got out of bed and wrapped my arms around him from behind.

"Buongiorno amore mio." (Good morning my love) I said and kissed his back. He slowly turned around and put his arms around my waist and held me tight.

"Good morning my Bella, I'm sorry if I woke you." He said as he kissed my forehead and looked at me worriedly. I chuckled at him, he might be a mafia boss but he's a big softie for me and his family.

"No, you didn't. I just saw your very familiar baby face getting ready and thought I'd say goodbye before you leave." I said knowing he'd get worked up about the baby face part. He pouted and mumbled something along the lines I'm a man and crossed his arms.

"I'll have you know love there is nothing baby about me. But I know you already know that don't you. Unless you'd like a reminder that I'm very manly." He said the last part huskily in my ear. I blushed at the teasing but decided I'd get him back.

"I don't know Alessandro, seems as if I have forgotten. Maybe you should give me that reminder..." I put my hand on his chest whispering to him and his eyes darkened "but you have that meeting. That's too bad. Go on." He groaned and stomped his foot like a toddler, I giggled at his child like attitude.

"You're such a tease, but you're right I have to go now in order to make it on time. I'll be back late tonight so go ahead and eat dinner without me. I love you." He gave me a peck on the lips and left.

After he left I went to the bathroom and got ready for the day. I then went downstairs to start breakfast for the boys which are my sons and the guards.

The boys came in one after the other and each gave me a kiss on the cheek because although they don't want to admit it, they are all mommas boys.

Our family has always wanted a girl so we could spoil and cherish her as the mafia princess but we weren't that lucky. After a rescue mission I went on for the twins I got shot twice and the doctor said I was 80% unlikely to be able to carry the child in the womb, we were all sad but at the same time we were thankful for the ones we have now.

I won't lie, living the mafia life is dangerous especially for children and ever since the twins were taken they hate everyone except family, it takes long for them to warm up to people. I also remember a time around six years ago Alessandro and I got taken for about two weeks, well that's what they told us since they had us drugged up on sleeping pills the whole time. Our best friends took care of the boys and told them we went on a last minute trip and we'd be back soon.

In our family we know everyone, we trust those who deserve it, and we praise those who earn it.

The mafia world has its perks and consequences but our family loves everything the way it is, we learn new things all the time.