61. For Her

IVAN POV:

IVAN POV:

I knocked on the door, "Come in." I heard Pietro call out.

Pushing the door opened my eyes scanned the room and landed on Pietro putting on his coat. Serafina was laying in bed curled into a ball but what worried me was the pain on her face. She was sleeping and yet you could see her distress when she should be calm.

It's been four days since we've came to Germany and she's tried her hardest to leave. Each time just took a harder toll on her mind than the last- I'm terrified for her.

I mean what I said, I hate seeing her in pain or hurt in general. When I watched them cut her and whip her in the basement I couldn't help to feel guilty. She was right, Petro made sure she wouldn't be able to feel pain and had them torture her. I was upset that he wanted to do that to her but in some ways it helped her. She can control her emotions and make sure she doesn't give her enemy satisfaction. Serafina is my queen and when I heard her sobs and saw her tear stained face I almost went after Pietro myself. I promised Petro she would never go through pain if I could help it and right now I'm breaking that promise. He never went this far with her except that time he tried to poison her father but even then it wasn't going to kill him. That specific dose was meant for her father and at the most he would've been alright within 24 hours. When Serafina took it instead it attacked her body because she was so small then, she was in a coma because it was too much for her to handle. Now she's just trying to get back to her family but Pietro has been there each time to stop her.

The first time was the morning after the night in the basement. When we were having breakfast she grabbed knife and was about to slit Pietro's throat when he stopped her. She told him she could kill him and he would have no way to the baby after that. He told her if she did it then her friend Aidan would be dead within minutes. She was furious and was going to call his bluff before a guard showed her a video of him. A sniper had a clear shot on him as he sat in a garden alone and she dropped the knife. Six of his men snuck into that garden and outnumbered the kid even if he was fighting exceptionally well. Pietro made her watch them beat him till he passed out and she was a sobbing mess.

The second time she went on a rampage and killed 8 of our men because they insulted her family. Pietro said they were going to kill them anyways when she overheard and went crazy. Another four men had to restrain her and Pietro hit her a couple of times and her bruises are bad. Pietro locked her in the basement again and made her watch a video of her father going to meetings. The next clip was a car speeding straight towards her fathers SUV and the car didn't stop until she begged. They missed barely and were two seconds away from dying in a major car accident.

The third time... well let's just say he made her watch him practically almost kill her family again. Even if I worked for him, I had no idea who his inside people were other than one. That was the last time she tried anything and has been submissive ever since. He is trying to break her in every way possible and I'm fucking scared. My queen is hurting and I can't see her like this anymore.