77. Her Eyes

STEFANO POV:

STEFANO POV:

It was the next day and the family was in the dining room eating breakfast quietly. None of us knew what to say and didn't want to say anything really.

"Do you need anything?" I heard dad whisper.

My eyes went to him and I saw him leaning down looking at Serafina with concern. She shook her head and went back to starring at the wall.

She's been awfully quiet since she woke up and is zoned out most of the time.

"Aren't you going to tell us why you did it?" Grandpa asked loudly.

She blinked, "Why I did what?" She moved her head to him.

"What exactly made you decide to put yourself in a coma." He clarified.

"Oh, for multiple reasons actually." She shrugged.

A hand hit the table, "What do you know that we don't?!" He narrowed his eyes.

I felt myself tense so I leaned back to calm myself before doing something dumb.

"Well for one many things actually, do you forget who I am?" She titled her head, "Two, if you must know then it would be you're all selfish jerks." She spoke with no emotion.

Fuck, she sounded like a robot.

"You can't blame us for being scared Serafina. What the fuck do you expect us to do after hearing that you could never wake up? That no one knew when you would wake up. Are we supposed to sit around and wait five years for you to open you eyes?" Val asked angrily.

"If that's how long it took then yes, that's what I expect. If you can't handle supporting your sister or being there for her when she hurting then don't be there. You once said no one asked me to protect you guys all those years ago, correct? Well no one told you to 'sit around and wait' did they?" She bit back coldly.

His eyes grew cold and he opened his mouth, "Valentino I'm not joking this time, keep your damn mouth shut before you say something you regret! I will personally slap the shit out of you." Brandon hissed at him.

Val opened his mouth again but Brandon shot him a look and he leaned back with a huff.

"It hurt very badly seeing you like that." Tino spoke up.

She scoffed, "Oh I'm so sorry, all of you must have been in so much pain. Where does it hurt? Need a bandaid?" She mocked.

"It did hurt!" Max grunted, "Did it not hurt you when you saw us almost die?" He rolled his eyes.

"That was different and you know it Maximo." She spat, "I'm talking about disrespecting my wishes and acting like they aren't important." She sat up straighter.

"Why are you acting like this?" Leo gritted out.

"Acting like what?" She leaned back boredom taking over her features.