26. In Spirit

LEONARDO POV:

LEONARDO POV:

Everyone was looking for Serafina so we could have a movie night but she was nowhere to be found. We didn't want to go in full panic mode just in case we didn't check the rooms right.

We heard talking in the foyer and ran in there hoping my baby sister was there.

"Oh it's you guys." Stefano muttered.

"Well hello to you too nephew." Uncle Emiliano rolled his eyes.

My dad, grandpa, and uncles raised their eyebrows.

"We don't have time for this." Val scowled.

"Have you seen Serafina?" Tino asked.

They all stiffened, "What do you mean? You don't know where she is?" My father growled.

"W-we haven't seen her in hours. We assumed she went to take a nap." Antonio answered.

My mom and aunts walked in, "We checked all the rooms again. She's not there Alessandro." My mom said panicked.

He started typing furiously on his phone, "I'm gone for a few hours and this happens. WHY DIDN'T YOU CHECK ON HER?" He shouted.

My grandmother appeared behind us, "Now Alessandro put the phone down and calm down, stop yelling at your family. Everyone follow me." She said walking away.

Hesitantly following my dad and uncles grumbled but shut up with one look from their wives.

She led us to the garden but walked straight to a vine filled wall, "Oh damn, mom are you going cuckoo?" Uncle Dimitri asked.

My grandma looked at him with a blank face and grandpa smacked his head. Shaking her head she moved some vines to reveal a door which left us baffled.

Since when was that there?

She motioned us to follow and the whole family entered to see a small pathway. We looked around in awe, living here our whole lives and we didn't know about this gem.

There were arch's with purple and pink flowers, the ground was covered in different wildflowers, the walls were covered in a vibrant green, it was beautiful.

Hearing humming we walked down the pathway while enjoying the view. We stopped to see a small patch of field with a concrete bench in the middle and my sister picking flowers.

No one said anything and just watched her with love, I watched her grab a big purple flower and sit on the bench still humming.

She twirled the flower and started singing,

"Everything happens for a reason

She plucked a petal.

New things start a better season

petal two was picked