15. Their Progress

VALENTINO POV:

VALENTINO POV:

-ONE YEAR LATER-

It has been one year. Twelve GODDAMN months since we have seen my angel eyes.

Nothing is the same.

Everyone has been on edge. Dad is staying locked up in his office trying to find her and when he's not he's starring off into space unless he has a meeting then he goes mafia business mode. Mom isn't herself anymore, she cries and can barely cook without bawling since Serafina would help her.

Leo turned into me, always mad and cold towards everyone who isn't family. My twin sits in his room trying to remember anything about that night. And Stefano.. well he just isn't the happy kid he was. He throws everything, yells for nothing, and breaks down at the sound of her name.

Our cousins who met her are pissed, they bonded with her and just want their baby cousin back. My uncles and aunts are doing everything they can to help including our grandparents.

About a month after her kidnapping the family decided it was time we all came back together again. We have two identical houses on our land outside the castle in which they moved into. My grandparents stay in the castle with a few of my cousins while everyone else lives in the houses. They are only about a four minute drive away in the golf cart so they aren't far.

The family who never got to meet her yet are sad and scared they will never get to meet her and I couldn't help but agree.

I would never give up on her.

But with how long it's been I can tell some people are loosing hope. What once was a happy family turned into a cold broken one.

I punched the bag harder.

I couldn't protect her. I remember hearing the gunshot and seeing her fall to the floor. I watched how she coughed up blood before I passed out.

PUNCH
PUNCH PUNCH PUNCH

I felt my heart drop.

KICK KICK
PUNCH KICK PUNCH

I saw her tears.

HIT HIT HIT

I felt arms wrap around me and pull me back. I didn't notice how I wasn't even hitting the bag but the wall now.

I collapsed into my grandmothers arms and cried.

I felt like someone took a part of me. I wanted it back. I didn't want to feel this pain. We needed to find her.

I sobbed. It's like I could feel her pain. I've had dreams of her crying and begging us to save her. Dreams where she's covered in blood calling our names.

I just wanted my baby sister. My angel eyes.

I felt my grandmother rock me, "Shh it's okay. I know baby. I know." Her soothing words made me cry harder, "You need to be strong for her." She said.