21. The Call

SERAFINA POV:

SERAFINA POV:

I shifted feeling something hard under me so naturally I assumed I was back in the basement. Panicking I opened my eyes to see myself sleeping on top of my dad with a death grip on him.

Last night I had a dream about the time Petro came to visit and it wasn't pleasant. I know distancing myself from my family is taking it's toll on all of us but I have to until he comes for me. A year ago I found out he was planning to attack with a Russian gang so I started my plan. As soon as they do, my family will know everything but all that will matter is that they're safe.

I laid my chin over my hands just looking at him and started tracing his few tattoos on his shoulder and arms. I wish things weren't like this. I was so lost in thought I didn't even realize he was starting at me the whole time.

"Hey baby." He said stroking my hair.

"Hi daddy, I think we slept in late so we should get ready." I whispered looking at the clock.

10:53 AM

I need my bag.

"Are you okay? Do you hurt anywhere?" He sat up looking at me worriedly.

I shook my head, "No I'm okay, my muscles are a little sore so I might take a long hot bath. I will see you at lunch?" I asked getting up.

He looked me up and down nervously, "You can do it by yourself? You need me or your mom to help?" He asked rushed.

"It's okay, I got it daddy. Go ahead and get ready. I will call you if I need anything... pinkie promise." I told him with my pinkie out.

He relaxed and linked our pinkies and we gave our thumbs a small kiss before he kissed my head and left.

Once he left I grabbed an outfit and headed to my bathroom. I turned the water on hot all the way but made sure the water came out slowly, I don't know how long it will take. I added some salts and bubbles to the water and locked the door to make sure no one came in.

At times like this I'm glad I found this secret exit in my bathroom cabinet, which is normal for old castles I guess. Once I got outside I made sure no guards or anyone saw me before I ran. Making a beeline for the forest I looked for the tree with my bag. Once I found it I made sure I got there on time.

10:59 AM

One minute to spare.

The phone went off and I took a deep breath.

"Uva pequena" (Portuguese "little grape") I heard his deep voice say.

Just when I was about to say something I heard a swat and a yelp, "You didn't tell me she was on the phone yet." I heard little voice say with a huff.

Giggling into the phone, "Hi Willy, Hi Aid. I miss you guys." I sighed softly.

"Aw we miss you too, I swear if I had to go another minute with this bugger I would die!" Aidan yelled into the phone.