27. The Job

SANTINO POV:

SANTINO POV:

"29, 30, 31, 32, 33, and... 34?" Uncle Carmelo counted.

"Who is missing? There is 35 of you guys. " Grandpa asked.

All of us kids were here in the gym sitting down half asleep waiting to get on with everything.

6:12 AM

I rested my elbow on my knee and my face in my hands almost falling asleep. 

"Where's Leo?" I heard Uncle Dimitri ask.

No one replied since 1. we didn't know and 2. it took way too much energy to reply.

"Brandon." Uncle Carlos boomed making everyone jump.

"Huh? Yeah?" He sat up tiredly.

"Where is Leonardo?" My dad questioned annoyed.

He scratched his head, "I'm not sure, I fell asleep first and when I woke up he was gone. I assumed he was down here already. He was on our asses last night not to be late." He mumbled and laid back down.

Just as grandpa opened his mouth again, the door slammed open and Leo walked in with bags under his eyes. He nodded his head at us and sat down trying to keep his eyes open.

"Leo where were you? You're late." Dad gritted.

He shrugged, "Topolina had a bad dream last night. I stayed with her and woke up late." He sighed sadly.

Sitting up alerted I started panicking, "She's okay right? Does she need anything? Is she still sleeping?" I rambled on.

"Yes she's fine, she's still sleeping." He promised.

"I didn't hear the monitor." Dad frowned.

Leo waved his hand, "I got there just as it started, she's okay guys. I promise." He assured.

"Dad I'm worried, she's being so distant and we can't help her." Stefano mumbled.

"I know. I'm not sure what to do." Dad admitted.

"Does she have them everyday?" Uncle Emiliano asked worried.

"No but if she has another one I'm dragging her into a room and keeping her there till she tells me something. Anything." Dad said sternly.

"Hm, I'm not sure that will be a good idea. We will discuss it later. Why did you need us all?" Val countered.

We spent an hour talking about the warehouses and they told us what happened. These fools think they could our resources for their pleasure? And insult our family while they're at it?

"Did you kill him?" Leo asked angrily.

He smirked, "I didn't kill him personally... but he got what he deserved." He chuckled darkly.