18. The Surprise

STEFANO POV:

STEFANO POV:

We all sat in the movie room getting ready to watch the movie Jumanji since it was her favorite movie. They made a second one and we agreed we'd watch it together when she came home.

It's been two very long years. Leo just turned 19 a few weeks ago the twins are 17 and I am now 16.

We all miss her. She should be 7 1/2 now. I miss her smile, her eyes, her little giggle. She's my little bambola faccia. (Italian "babydoll") 

After she was taken I sort of went downhill. I still joked around with my friends and family but most of the time I kept to myself, just like the others.

For the past year we have all been working on ourself while trying to heal each other. We spend as much time as possible together after Val told us about the garden. Having our whole family here made it easier to come together.

I smiled as my cousins shoved each other around which resulted in them getting in trouble with their mothers. They are like my mother, you don't want to make them mad.

When everyone settled down we all laughed and smiled watching the movie. I admit she has good taste, even our grandparents enjoyed it. The movie finished and we all decided to stay a few more minutes to talk but that just led to an hour of conversations.

Suddenly two guards slammed the door open panting and our second in command of the guards, Julian came in carrying a girl. She was wearing a dirty white nightgown that was covered in blood and she was badly bruised. We couldn't see her face since her head was buried in his shoulder.

Everyone stopped talking, "Don. I found her outside and brought her straight to you." Julian said setting her down.

She leaned on him and looked around the room, I held my breath. It's Serafina, she's back. No one moved. Her eyes landed on dad and she smiled, "Daddy" she said breathlessly.

Her eyes rolled back and she collapsed, snapping out of it my dad was the first to get to her and he cradled her.

My dad cried and moved her hair caressing her face, "Baby." He shook her softly, "You need to wake up." He tried to talk to her.

He picked her up and started running to the infirmary with everyone behind him. At times like this I'm glad we have our own doctors.

Leonardo ran ahead and opened the doors so my dad could go straight in, "Dr. Eena!" My dad yelled.

She came running with her husband and gasped, she ordered someone to get a gurney and they laid her down.