36. (S)he's Gone

ALESSANDRO POV:

ALESSANDRO POV:

Staring out my office windows I couldn't feel anything other than pain. I brought my coffee up to my mouth and chugged it not caring about the burn that erupted in my throat. Sleep hasn't come to me since and I can easily say the same for the rest of the family.

It's been so hard.

It's been eight days, eight days since I've see her eyes, eight days since I've seen her smile, eight days since I've heard her voice.

My eyes closed slowly and I buried my head in my hands while tears started forming. I held back a sob but it was no use and my shoulders started shaking. I couldn't deal with this, with this pain... how am I ever going to get past it?

That day plays in my head over and over again like a broken record no matter how much I try to push it away.

*FLASHBACK*

He looked at me, "What?" He whispered confused. I looked down at myself confused too, "You were wrong." Her voice came out sad. My head snapped up and his eyebrows furrowed along with mine, "I did watch tigerblut. I switched the food with my own. I will always keep them safe." She smiled watching her hands slowly turn blue from the fingertips down.

I paled and froze, NO! Not again. She, she can't do this again.

"No." He cried.

"SERAFINA!" Everyone shouted.

Please don't be real, I can't lose you again.

I couldn't breathe anymore.

"Not you." His body trembled as he reached for her.

I watched her fall to the floor and started running, "The war is over." She sighed as a tear fell from her eye.

My hands shakily grabbed her and moved her hair out of her face, "Princess? I need you to open your eyes." I pleaded softly.

I wiped her tear and bit my lip.

"CALL THE DOCTOR NOW!" I shouted at everyone else.

"Precisamos sair!" (Portuguese "We need to leave!) One of the men she was with shouted and they all took off.

I looked back down and picked her up running out of the building and bolted to the car with Gianna next to me. I jumped in the back with her, Gianna and the boys hopped in while everyone else followed in their cars.