After Glow

Caris

Yesterday Dean surprised me in the Gym and I believed him when he promised to change. Only we agreed to talk things through in the morning when we had both slept on things. I was still angry at him, him being so distant and the things he had said. But now here I am sitting in front of the vanity mirror brushing my hair into a ponytail after having woken to an empty bed.

doesn't look like anything will ever change, not when he rushes off to his father's office or the gym just to avoid me. The sex was great and I think we both feel less stressed. Only sex shouldn't always be about relieving each others' stress. Sex should also be about making love and passion not anger and de-stressing. Using each other as a way to let out pent up emotion may feel great in the moment but I miss the days he would make love to me looking into my eyes. Last night all I saw in his eyes was fire and lust.

I finished my hair and made the bed. I guess it was back to how things were. So I head down to find Marian only she's not alone she is having a cuppa with Lisa. I guess it's only Elio who may be harsh on her.

"Morning ladies, may I please join you" I asked cautiously but they put their mugs down at the sound of my voice. Lisa got up and skipped over to me and wrapped me into her arms. Marian was busy making another cup of coffee and fixing a bowl of something which I assume is for me.

"Here darling, coffee and some natural yogurt, honey, nuts and berries. One of Lisa's favourites today." I nodded and thanked her as I sat down. The ladies seemed especially giggly today. "So my sweet daughter in law, have you found THE dress yet" asked Lisa. "Have you decided on a cake  I could bake it for you if you would like" cooed Marian. I shuffled uncomfortably on my stool. I hadn't even thought about the wedding since Dean and I decided on flowers. To be honest I wasn't even sure I was still going to get the chance to marry him. The man never has any time for me. This thought was enough to have my eyes watering and I noticed Lisa had seen my expression drop.

"What's he done?" Lisa said whilst folding her arms. "It's more what he hasnt been doing Lisa love" said Marian with a roll of the eyes. Lisa placed her mug down rather heavy handedly before storming off. I was about to go after her, she didn't need to get involved. There was no reason she should fall out with her son because of me."Leave her be sweetie, sometimes only a mother can talk sense into her son" said Marian and while I didn't feel right about it I also knew Dean deserved a good scolding.

Me and Marian had been sitting having a coffee while I ate the breakfast she made me and while doing so nattering away about a book that I had been reading. She insisted that I recommend some good books to her for the afternoons so I gave her a small list which was a mix of romance and mystery. I loved how open Marian and I were.

Lisa came into the room abruptly like she was on a mission. "Right Caris, you need to meet Dean at 2pm in the East Courtyard" she said with urgency. "Sure but why, what's happening?" I asked. She simply giggled and then grabbed Marian's arm and pulled her away "we need to talk" she said before they both rushed off. I was honestly baffled and confused but I felt giddy like something big was about to happen. Only he had already popped the big question so what could it possibly be!

After Marian and Lisa ran off I had nothing to do. I couldn't stay and help Marian and I didnt fancy reading; I was too excited. I went to mine and Dean's room, he wasn't there but that suited me quite well. I pulled out a pretty floral summer dress to slip on and straightened my hair. It wasnt a summer day but early spring and warm enough with a cardigan. After some mascara and blush I was happy with how I looked. Whatever this man wants me for has me wanting to look good!

I decided to pass the last hour by watching this Italian drama that I had caught on tv a few times. I used subtitles but even then they talked too fast to read them. Still it was very dramatic and I think I can catch on to the plot. One man is having an affair with his girlfriend's cousin and his girlfriend is having an affair with her boyfriend's best friend. Very dramatic, Oh and Claire just slapped Monica in the face!