Chapter 25 - This was the right answer

To hold onto the successor of the next Duchy of Santella and praise the successor of the Duchy of Luave was nothing short of ridiculing Liddell in the end. It was a little revenge as she had been deprived of all the attention in the social world to Liddell.

Liddell, who nodded her head with an angelic smile in front of Fabian, turned coldly expressionless as soon as the door of the carriage back to her mansion was closed. Whether or not that was heartbreaking, the maid, Maria, the coachman, decided to slander the queen despite being improper. For the people of the Santellas, who obeyed the queen’s authority, should not dishonor her.

“It seems that Her Majesty wanted to receive more attention than His Majesty the Grand Duke, who is today’s protagonist. I feel so sorry for the Grand Duke…….”

The Grand Duke, who was being congratulated by people next to Fabian, in a flaming red dress, wore black garbs, so he seemed to be buried even more.

“Because the Grand Duke doesn’t like fancy clothes very much…….”

Although Liddell defended the queen, she didn’t seem to feel a little better. Maria decided to depreciate the queen a little bit more.

“By the way, it is a big deal that the princess who will be the successor has not yet been born. Her Majesty the Queen must be very heartbroken. There has never been a queen who never gave birth to a princess.”

The absence of a princess was a deep concern for the royal family. The Logos was a kingdom ruled by queens from generation to generation. There was always only one daughter born who would become Crown Princess, and they never had a daughter that did not become queen. So Fabian, the current queen, who was the only one who could not give birth to a daughter, was feeling a lot of pressure both internally and externally. There were rumors circulating that the Ardennes dynasty would end in this generation.

“Oh, Maria! What are you going to do if someone hears it?”

“But is there anyone in the kingdom who doesn’t know that? Besides, I was just worried. But what if the princess is not born in the end?”

“Well…… It seems that the royal family and the temple are rotting in their heads because of that problem.”

“Everyone would be delighted if our lady became queen…….”

“Maria!”

Liddell frowned and warned Maria, but as Maria saw Liddell’s face, which had been droopy by the time she got into the carriage, start to come to life again, she smiled. And in fact, Maria sincerely thought so.

Either the current dynasty collapses, or else the queen should adopt Liddell, the highest ranking unmarried woman in the kingdom, as her stepdaughter or daughter-in-law to take over the throne. The lady, she served, was well-deserved of that.

The only problem was that Liddell lacked the powers of the Queen. Because without those powers she would not have been able to subjugate the Luaves, and she could have sworn that if Liddell became queen, Kahel would also become king.

“Maria. I know how you feel, but you shouldn’t go anywhere and say that. Understand?”

“I’m not that immature, so don’t worry, Lady.”

Maria responded obediently to Liddell, who had now started to smile as usual. But Liddell’s heart was a little different from what she said with her mouth, which cracked down on Maria’s words.

‘Yes. You still have to be careful. Until everything is perfectly ready…….’

* * *

In the carriage returning to the mansion late at night, Kahel said that today’s banquet was very successful. He felt refreshed enough to say it was the first time when he had been to a place with a lot of people. It gave a thrilling pleasure whenever he experienced his plans working together without any error.