Chapter 105 - Old Assassin's Confession

The nobles of Logos become anxious at the news of Luahalla’s clash with monsters as he crossed the border. Although monsters appeared in Sharden every winter, this was the first time they had appeared in the border area. The nobles, under the impression that the attacks of monsters were increasing, wanted the succession structure to quickly find stability. Because if anything happened and the queenship was shaken, Logos could be in great chaos.

They asked the Queen to put an end to the succession debate, which had been stagnant for some time.

However, they did not expect that the Queen, who had been reluctant to comment on her succession, would grant the request at once.

“What on earth was the wind?”

“Well, Her Majesty the Queen felt a sense of crisis, didn’t she?”

The nobles wondered that the Queen had suddenly changed her position, but they did not intend to delay the holding of the nobility council.

The two Dukes did not attend this nobility council for fear that the atmosphere would become too rigid. However, the black and white faction nobles, who were to represent the opinions of the two Dukes, came to the nobility council by refining and changing opinions favorable to the faction they belonged to. The inside of the conference hall was tense from the start.

“We have to accept now that Her Majesty will no longer see an heir. Then a woman other than the Ardenia line would have to take over as the Queen, and if someone takes her place, it must of course be Lady Liddell Santella, who is the second most powerful after Her Majesty.”

“That’s right. Moreover, if Lady Santella and His Highness Prince Erdin get married, the heir from the two will continue to inherit the name of Ardenia. And if they inherit the magical powers of Lady Santella, the successor will also have strong power.”

When the white faction nobles ignited, the temple supported them. Then, as if waiting, the black faction nobles objected.

“It would be better for the young Heidel Ravel, who is the eldest granddaughter of Marquis Ravel, to be the queen! Because she inherited the blood of Ardenia, and her blood tie with His Highness Prince Erdin is far, there is no problem in getting married. She would be a better choice to keep the Ardenian blood.”

The white faction nobles rose again.

“Is it just a matter of keeping lineage? What if the power of the Ardenian dynasty completely disappears?”

Again the opposite ensued.

“Lady Santella has magic, not power! Is there any guarantee that the union of Lady Santella and His Highness Erdin will bring the powers back to life?”

“Isn’t that the same problem with the combination of Lady Ravel and His Highness Erdin? But from a probability point of view, Lady Santella would be better!”

Fabian, who sat in the chairperson’s chair, watched the two sides noisily fighting. Although they vigorously opposed the black faction, the white faction had a slightly more dominant opinion as they included the temple.

Neutral nobles listened to the opinions of both sides and were also in trouble. However, to Fabian, it was bittersweet because it seemed that they were arguing for the benefit of their family rather than protecting the Royal Family.

No one understood Fabian’s feelings. In this place, Fabian was like a borrowed barley sack. Although all decisions were to be made by the Queen, they all knew that Fabian would not be able to reject the proposal decided here.

However, Fabian’s permission to hold this nobility council was not to become a powerless scarecrow. She quietly glanced at the attendant, who had been watching her since the beginning of the nobility council.