Chapter 111 - Worst and Worst

Leonard, who had sent a member of the organization, stayed alone to drink, recalling Kahel’s true power which he witnessed in Hildebrunn, and thanked his ancestors for their protection once again.

Leonard instinctively felt a sense of crisis when he heard that a child with magical powers powerful enough to gnaw away even his mother’s vitality was born in the Luave family. His eldest son, Lian, also inherited some good qualities, but not to the point of being exceptional.

However, his father, the former Duke Santella, had already prepared countermeasures.

“It seems that some kind of strange monster was born in the Luave family, what should I do?”

“Don’t worry. Knowing that this day would come someday, the great elders of the family had prepared the way ahead of time.”

The worries of the ancestors who had prepared for many years to become the only wing of Logos were always the Duchy of Santella. Although they have always been wary of the magical powers of the Luave, which were slightly stronger than those of the Santella, they have been researching ways to suppress the Luave’s magic.

There was no way to get rid of the magic that was already innate anyway. However, if there were negative effects when using magic, it was clear that it would be a big restriction on using magic. So, what was prepared was the devilish curse, a curse that amplifies devilish power by using magical power, and a curse that transforms the body when using magic. In particular, the body mutation curse worked the most to condemn the Luave family as devils.

Over the years, these curses, which have been accumulated in high-purity and refined magic stones, became powerful by accumulating the magical powers and resentments of several people and were to disappear once used. It seemed a bit wasteful to impose these curses on just one person, but the former Duke advised to put all these shackles on Kahel.

“Anyway, the day of prophecy is coming. The child must be the biggest obstacle to the glory of our family, so don’t be a cheapskate.”

Now that he thought about it, the previous Duke was wise. Had that monster had one less shackle, the balance between the Santella and the Luave would have been broken long ago.

The day the curse was placed on Kachel was the day he went to swear allegiance to the Queen on his seventh birthday. When the Santella and Luave families swear an oath of allegiance to the Queen, the entire two families enter the Palace to guard the place and serve as witnesses, but Leonard carries out his plan that day.

The ancestors gradually accumulated their own magic, took the magic stone that sealed the curse, and secretly placed a curse on Kahel while the oath of allegiance was in progress. Normally, Damien would have noticed a strange flow of magic, but in the ‘Hall of Glory,’ where the oath of allegiance was made, everyone had to wear a magic restraint necklace. Leonard made elaborate imitations to deceive the eye.

There were a lot of things that had to be carefully considered so as not to be found out, but as a result, Leonard succeeded in casting the curse that day. The next day, news came from the Duchy of Luave that one of the servants had attacked Kahel and died, and he realized the power of the curse.

‘I wish he had died then.’

He was only seven years old, and no matter how strong his magical powers were, he couldn’t handle it properly, so if the servant had been a little quicker, Kahel would have died that day. But even after that, the servants and maids died at the hands of the knights before they could harm Kahel. He was, in a way, a terribly lucky kid.

‘But no matter how much he flies and crawls, he can’t beat us.’

Leonard recalled the prophecy by Melike once more.