Chapter 108 - The man behind the window

Sid clasped her hand and looked at Lena’s face.

“By the way…… Do you have anything else?”

“Uh?”

“It’s just between us. Do you have any other concerns?”

It was as expected of Sid. Growing up like a real sister, she got everything just by looking at Lena’s expression. Lena was both curious and grateful for such a Sid. Actually, she had one more problem that was too big for her to think about on her own.

Lena looked around again. It was late in the evening, so it seemed that all the employees had gone to eat. Only after confirming that no one was there, Lena put her hand to Sid’s ear and whispered.

“Sid…… I met a man who called himself my father.”

“What? Father, what are you talking about? Baron Fidelia is dead.”

“Baron Fidelia is not my father. My biological father is the Viscount of the Capital. It’s hard to believe, too, but he also had a locket with a portrait of my mother and a letter she wrote. I also have a maternal grandmother.”

With the locket he showed her, the letter was really her mother’s handwriting. The name ‘Helena’ caught her attention, but she, too, has only heard her mother’s real name once, so she may have misremembered it.

“Really? …… Because you don’t even look like Baron Fidelia at all. I knew it.”

“This is a secret. You must never say it.”

“Why? Do I need to keep it a secret?”

“I’m not quite sure yet…… Actually, my father is a white faction noble. It’s not something His Excellency would like very much.”

“Oh, I see…… Viscount, what is his name?”

“Albert Ruban. I don’t think he’s very influential on the white faction side either.”

Sid was already contemplating the name Lena Ruban. It didn’t seem like a very suitable combination, but she was proud of the fact that a child like her younger sister was a Viscount’s Lady.

“Isn’t that a good thing anyway?”

“Well…… Is he really my father?”

“You were suspicious because you have suffered so much. It’s time for you to get everything back. Meet your father and your maternal grandmother, get officially registered there, and date a wonderful knight! So don’t think too badly about it.”

“Thank you, Sid. I’ll make sure to introduce Sid later when I’m sure.”

“Tomorrow, I will introduce you to a really good person.”

Lena smiled and hugged Sid tightly. The way Sid cared for her, was warm and cozy as always, so the feeling of standing in front of a chilling wind until now was much lessened. In her head, she was thinking about how to say no to the person she will meet tomorrow.

The next day, Lena regretted, saying, ‘I shouldn’t have promised it.’ But while hesitating, time passed and it was 3:00 PM. She didn’t have to attend Kahel’s tea anyway, so she had nothing to do. Lena took a deep breath and headed to where she had met Sid yesterday.

A strong, handsome young knight was already there. His hair gleamed with gold in the afternoon sun.

“Miss Lena.”

“Oh, hel…… lo?”

“It is such an honor to meet you, Lady. My name is Irik Clint, of the 1st Order of Duchy Luave.”