Chapter 116 - The price of touching what is mine

“It is not uncommon for a nobleman who worked for the family to run away. I guess she even has eyes for a man. Why are you asking me for her reason?”

“Because the reason must have come from here.”

But Alice was not agitated, as if she had known this day would come. They might be flustered by the Duke’s sudden attack, but Viscount Rosenheim immediately submitted a request for protection from the Santella family, which sent the Knights as if they were waiting.

If Viscount Rosenheim had been a neutral noble, Kahel might have strangled Alice.

But it was not without any result. Some workers, whom Alice had not yet been able to crack down on, had testified that a ‘middle-aged man with dark brown hair’ had arrived that day.

“Didn’t you say that such a person had never been here before? Are you going to get away with it even though there is evidence?”

“You are arguing over really trivial things. I don’t know anyone. Sometimes, there are people who come to see my father.”

“A person who stops by is guided to a room on the second floor of the Viscounty and even gets tea and drinks? Are you fooling me now?”

“It, it’s not like that! The employees did it knowing that he was a guest.”

“And you introduced such a person to my maid.”

Kahel grinded his teeth. Alice trembled at the murderous energy Kahel exuded, but she did not open her mouth until the very end.

“Do you know what would happen if it was later revealed that the Viscount Rosenheim was involved in this?”

Kahel stared coldly at the nineteen-year-old girl, struggling to subdue his rampaging anger. Her father, who had been watching all the time, stood in front of her.

“What rudeness to a feeble woman! I can’t help but be disappointed with Duke Luave.”

But Kahel neatly ignored Viscount Rosenheim.

“If Lena was not hurt and treated with respect, I would simply deprive you of your title. But if Lena had suffered hardship, I would confiscate your property and then I would banish you out of Logos, and if Lena had ever been hurt in the slightest…… You will die after the worst torture.”

“Are, are you threatening me?”

“No. I’m telling the truth. So, it would be better for you to just hope that Lena is okay, Lady. Because of you, Viscounty Rosenheim will be covered in blood.”

“As long as there is Duchy Santella, it will not be according to the will of Duke Luave.”

“If Lena was injured, do you think Duchy Santella will be safe? Do you think I will leave them alone?”

Kahel’s eyes seemed to glow red, then the garden trees around the Viscount’s residence fell down with a thud sound, and the sleeping birds flew up in surprise. It was a tremendous amount of magical power, but thanks to Dashar lifting part of the curse, the people around him did not become possessed by the devilish power. But Kahel couldn’t afford to rejoice over such trifles.

“The cost of touching what is mine is never light.”

It was a voice that sounded like an eerie chill. At that moment, Viscount Rosenheim and Alice’s complexions turned blue.

* * *

“Oh…….”

“Oh no, are you still dizzy?”