Chapter 115 - A cabin in the woods

As a gleaming, spotless knife cut through the chunks of meat, red blood dripped with the gravy and wet the bottom of the plate. Leonard, who put the minced meat piece into his mouth and chewed it silently, asked Liddell, who was sitting next to him, vaguely,

“Did you make sure that Nadia’s on board?”

“What is there to talk about? She knows she will be the first to die if she uses her mouth wrong.”

“Is it true that Nadia had been an abandoned child in a temple since she was a child?”

“Yeah. In fact, many of the priests in the temple are orphans. Nothing special.”

“But…….”

Leonard drank the wine with a bland reply.

“As you say, Kahel doesn’t seem too dissatisfied with Nadia becoming the Queen’s successor. We changed her powers a little with black magic, and he seemed to believe it was a sign of a weakened power.”

“I guess he really fell in love with the maid. What a fool of a Duke.”

“It’s good for us. It’s Kahel’s weakness, so I can’t be happier.”

“That’s true.”

Liddell smiled happily and tapped the black grapes with the tip of a fork. Liddell, who had been pressing until all the grapes were crushed, suddenly raised her head and asked,

“By the way, did Brother have any interest in the heir position?”

“Lian? How could he be; that lazy bastard?”

“But last time, one of the maids said something strange.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Lian was overhearing my conversation with Father. He clings to the door.”

“Yes? That’s weird. Or maybe that guy was just joking around?”

“Really?”

To them, Lian was always out of the question. Although he was a candidate for the successor, who inherited powerful magical powers of the Santella family, he was not too greedy, unlike Santella. However, since he was contributing to the image of the Santella family in his own way, Leonard and Liddell also looked at him in a cute way.

Even if he suddenly overheard the story, they didn’t think there was anything great in it. They lightly assumed that at best he had overheard them out of curiosity about what they were talking about excluding him.

But at the same time, Lian was running on horseback through the dark forest.

‘It must be around here. Where?’

The victim of the kidnapping, planned by Liddell and actively participated in by Alice Rosenheim, must have been detained in this area. He managed to pinpoint the approximate location of the place where Lena was imprisoned by stalking a man on the way back after receiving a reward for kidnapping Lena, but as he entered the forest, he couldn’t quite tell where it was.

His mind was hurried, his sense of direction was blurred, and time kept passing by, and Lian searched the area impatiently. It was then that a woman’s scream was heard from somewhere. Lian straightened his back, judging the direction of the voice.

I heard something again.

‘It’s over there!’

Lian spurred the horse. As he ran along the sound, a small hut began to appear, and a carriage stood in front of the hut. Seeing that there was no coachman, it seemed that the purpose of those who had brought the carriage up to here was the woman trapped in the hut.