Chapter 29 - That's right. What could it be

Arder, who knew well that if the two people had mutual affection for each other, the one who would be hurt in the end, would be Lena, even though he was reluctant to think like that. Of course, it was Kahel who mattered more to him, and he would do anything to help her, but it broke his heart to imagine the innocent country girl grieving for her unfulfilled love.

And on the other hand, he was still bothered about Lena’s identity, which is still unknown. She looked like she was Baron Fidelia’s illegitimate child, but he still couldn’t figure out what was causing the devilish powers to not work. Considering that Lena’s approach to Kahel was something to be concerned about, he couldn’t help but hope that the two would get closer.

Arder just watched the time when Kahel and Lena were getting closer to each other, without doing this or that.

Not knowing what Arder was thinking, Kahel was preparing to go out after a long time.

“Does Lord Kahel need to go?”

Gerard, who stopped by the Duke’s residence after a long time, asked with a dissatisfied face. He made an appointment in advance and brought a bunch of documents to be approved, but he seemed impatient when he heard that he should just leave them.

“Luahalla said he wanted to discuss plans for the interior of the building. Furthermore, I have to show that I am supporting Luahalla.”

“Then I will go, too. I still cannot fully trust the Marquis of Rognac.”

Count Gerard Langtail was one of the few people who were close to Kahel, who was able to fully prepare for his devilish nature thanks to meeting him about six years after Kahel’s devilish manifestation. Only four years older than Kahel, he also inherited the county before he was 20, so there was a kind of camaraderie between the two that had to lead the family at an early age.

He was mostly a loyal servant and entourage, occasionally friends to exchange jokes with leading the young blood of the black faction nobles, and attending as deputy of Duke Luave when Kahel was busy.

He was close to Kahel to that extent, so in the social world the one that was referred to as a ‘close friend of Duke Luave’ was usually referring to Gerard. Maybe that’s why Gerard didn’t seem to like Luahalla, who was newly awarded the title of ‘friend of Duke Luave’.

“Do whatever you feel like. However, don’t go ahead and provoke Luahalla or do anything unsavory for nothing. We are going through a very sensitive time in business right now.”

“I will never do anything to trouble Lord Kahel. I just want to examine the character of the Marquis of Rognac. Then…… Are you going to leave right now?”

“Just a second.”

Kahel finished reading the document he was checking and rang the bell calling for Lena. Then Lena, who was waiting in the next room, appeared quickly.

“Did you call me, Your Excellency?”

“Well. Prepare to go out. I suggest you bring a hooded robe, and wear a robe that covers your face.”

“Am I leaving too?”

“You’ve never looked outside since coming here, have you?”

At those words, Lena couldn’t hide her anticipatory expression. She was brought to this mansion to die, as Kahel said, and she never went out of it. Lena’s heart which had been curious about the world outside Kerouac since she was a child, began to pound

“There won’t be a lot of attending work when going out, so all you have to do is follow me diligently.”

“Yes…… ! I will prepare myself right away.”