Chapter 28 - It's the first time I've eaten something so delicious

Kahel, who had been waiting for Lena again today, and waited until 3 o’clock before she came, didn’t show any sign of that at all, and took some of the papers and sat down at the tea table.

“Today, I brought the chef’s new menu, tea biscuits. Would you like to try?”

It was Kahel who always said the tea biscuits were good, so Lena asked first. The mille-feuille on a white plate looked delicious at first glance. But Kahel shook his head slightly without looking at the tea food. However, from Arder, who had already anticipated this situation, Lena had received an order.

“Ah…… I think it will be delicious…….”

Arder insisted on saying this one word as if she was talking to herself, and that she had to. Lena said she could not understand the instructions, but she could not argue with the butler’s orders.

But, strangely enough, when she said that, Kahel’s gaze turned to the mille-feuille plate. Then he allowed himself to be a benevolent master.

“Then you eat.”

And Arder even predicted this situation.

“Oh, no! I don’t know if it’s leftovers after you ate…… The lower ones cannot touch the food of the one they serve.”

Even as she recites the words Arder had told her, Lena was frankly nervous. She was doing it because Arder told her not to worry and do what he tells her to do, but she wondered what would happen if the Duke was offended by such arrogant remarks. But Kahel glanced at Lena, whose face had blushed, and seemed to ponder for a moment, then he said as if reluctantly.

“Then let’s taste it.”

She doesn’t know what made Kahel change his mind, but Lena, believing that it all happened because she followed the instructions of the butler, admired the butler’s greatness. Then she quickly placed the chef’s masterpiece on the tea table.

It was a mille-feuille with plenty of cream with raspberries in between the crispy and soft-looking thin pie. In particular, the chef put a lot of effort into making that cream.

Crunch.

Kahel placed a bite-sized piece of the mile-feulle into his mouth without disturbing the shape. It was a dessert he hadn’t eaten in a very long time.

He thought the cream filling between the pies was just fresh cream, but he could feel the flavor of salty and savory cheese, as if it was mixed with cream cheese, and he was amazed at the harmony of the sweet scent of vanilla bean and the sweet and sour taste of raspberry.

Plus, the pie in between the creams was great. The taste that melts in his mouth while maintaining a moderately crispy texture without being soggy!

But Kahel quickly crushed his desire to be satisfied. It reminded him of his mother, who couldn’t even eat sweet desserts because of her chronic illness…….

Kahel pushed the plate of mille-feuille towards Lena, from which he had taken a bite, when he suddenly came to the realization that she would find it difficult to eat this dessert while standing up.

“Sit there.”

“Yes?”

“I told you to sit on the chair there.”

She did not dare to ask, but he only looked at Lena’s mouth shape that was close to ‘why’, and Kahel smiled bitterly.

“How are you going to stand like that and eat mille-feuille? I’m sure it’ll spill all over the floor, and I don’t want to get my office dirty.”