Chapter 93 - A favor with a cost

However, as Dashar’s gaze chased Lena’s back, Kahel let out an unpleasant cough. Dashar’s head, who suddenly regained his senses, turned to Kahel.

“Right, what’s the rush to come all the way here?”

Kahel’s attitude seemed relaxed at first glance, but Dashar, who was sensitive to magical powers and emotions, felt pressure as if sitting with a beast contemplating whether or not to reveal itself in front of his eyes. Dashar swallowed a gulp and straightened his posture as much as possible.

“The Crown Prince of Hildebrunn is about to attack our Sage’s Village. And Santella seems to be involved in that, too. Help!”

Kahel recalled Luahalla’s words that Ragdrill seemed to be up to something. However, it was quite surprising that the Santella family intervened there.

“Santella? What is it that made them put so much effort into going there?”

“I don’t know what the Santella family is aiming for. Maybe it’s just a force the Royal Family has drawn in to attack us. However, since the Lady of the Santella family met the Crown Prince of Hildebrunn in person, it is not a normal thing.”

Kahel pondered. If Ragdrill could draw on the power of the Santella family to attack the Sage’s Village and devour Tanel Forest, it was a very profitable business for Ragdrill. If he was lucky enough to get a couple of wizards under his command, it was a tremendous advantage.

So, he could fully understand why Ragdrill attacked the Sage’s village.

It was not easy to understand, however, why the Santella family helped. There was not much in Hildebrunn that the Santella would want.

‘Did they join hands with Ragdrill to defeat Luahalla?’

That was the most plausible reason. Luahalla made an alliance with Kahel, and his power and business were growing day by day. Even within Hildebrunn, there is an increasing number of people supporting Luahalla instead of Ragdrill, so he would have been a person who had to be hit as soon as possible by the Santella family, who regarded the Luave family like a thorn in their eyes.

The fact that Liddell Santella came out directly strengthened that suspicion. Because it was Liddell who suffered the most from Luahalla’s fashion business. Besides, he was concerned that Leonard had left a little earlier at today’s banquet.

“It looks like Duke Santella will move on his own. However, it would be impossible for Duke Santella to face all the wizards of the Sage Village alone…….”

There Dashar clenched his fists and spoke softly.

“It is said that a group of monsters will attack the village.”

Kahel’s face hardened. The brazen face of Leonard, who claimed to be ignorant of the monsters that appeared in Sharden, came to mind.

“Did you say that Duke Santella summons monsters?”

“I don’t know. But they said that a horde of monsters would appear in front of the Sage’s village.”

That was a little disappointing. There is a suspicion that the Santella family summons demons, but there is no evidence anywhere. If he catches the tail in this case, he will be able to strike Santella with peace of mind…….

He might have to help the Sage’s Village, as he might catch the clues shed by the Santella family anyway.

“Did you say your name was Dashar? For now, focus on restoring your energy. I will report this to Her Majesty the Queen early tomorrow morning and set off as soon as I return.”