Chapter 98 - Beautiful Monster

It was then.

Kuang!

She felt a powerful magical energy exploding behind her back. This was a level that she could not get even if she traded her life.

“Mother!”

The voice, which she was so happy with but didn’t want to hear right now, called her.

“Da, Dashar!”

As she lifted her head, Dashar, with tears in his eyes, was looking at her tattered left arm.

“Run, run away, Dashar!”

“Huuuhk, I’m going to kill them all!”

He was a child who had never experienced a bloody battle in his life. Although he was a child with great magic, he could not win this battle on his own. Hersh grabbed Dashar’s wrist with a trembling spirit, but it wasn’t Hersh who spoke afterwards.

“If healing magic is possible, it would be better to fix your mother’s arm first.”

It was a low, elegant yet relaxed voice that did not suit this situation at all. A man dressed in black was standing in front of Hersh, who turned her head around. The red eyes that could be seen through the black hair shone dazzlingly.

“Duke Luave…… ?”

“It’s a little late. I’ll say my greetings later. Dashar. Send all the villagers away.”

Kahel left the words behind and moved his steps in the direction the monsters were approaching. When Hersh looked around her, the wolf-type monster that had rushed at her earlier was nowhere to be found, instead, unidentified chunks of meat torn like rags and rolled on the floor.

“How…….”

While Dashar cast a spell to heal his mother’s arm, Hersh simply marveled at Kahel’s formidable magic. All six or seven wolf-type monsters nearby had been exploded due to the explosion Kahel had caused earlier.

“Mother! You must escape first. Please help me with one of Grandfather Alcan’s shoulders.”

Dashar clasped Alcantura’s other shoulder and shouted to his mother. At that time, Hersh also came to her senses and supported Alcantura, moving in the direction in which the villagers had retreated.

The villagers who couldn’t get to the entrance of the cave, faltered as they looked at the back of the savior who suddenly appeared.

“Mister Karazhan! I’ll leave Grandfather Alcan and my mother with you!”

Karazhan, who was suddenly awakened, ran and supported the side Dashar was supporting, and Hersh panicked and called for Dashar,

“What are you doing, Dashar!”

“Because we cannot completely entrust the battle of our village to others. Everyone, don’t come near us. For Duke Luave to use his magic properly, it is better for him to have no one around.”

“You!”

“Don’t worry about me, Mother. Then, I will go.”

Dashar said goodbye and ran to Kahel again.

In the meantime, Kahel slaughtered all the little monsters. At the same time as Alcantura fell, a group of large and medium-sized monsters were approaching through the stone ruins of the collapsed golems.

“I’ll help, too.”

Kahel smiled as he looked at Dashar who was approaching him.

“Just think about protecting yourself. After the work is done, you have to pay the price you promised. If you can’t fulfill the contract because you were injured, I won’t let you go.”