Chapter 99 - I am your father!

Even more strange was the knight who nodded his head lightly and smiled.

“Oh, you are Baronet Lena Belrose. Lady Peregrine is waiting inside. Come in.”

“Is Lady Peregrine inside? Previously, you said this is Viscount Rosenheim’s…….”

“We are just guiding you as ordered. You’ve come to the right place, so please go inside.”

Lena, completely unaware of what was going on, passed the front door of Viscount Rosenheim’s residence and headed towards the mansion.

When she opened the carriage door, she was escorted by the attendant waiting in front of the mansion’s front door. He too knew that Lena was coming, and, unmoved by seeing the bizarre invitation, led her to the parlor inside the mansion.

“Miss Lena!”

When she turned her head to someone’s welcoming voice, she saw Leslie smiling at her with a welcoming smile. Lena almost approached her for a moment, but she managed to stop and, as she had been taught by the etiquette teacher, bent her knees to greet her first and the young ladies who were seated.

“Thank you for the invitation. I am Lena Belrose.”

“Welcome, Lady Belrose.”

Obviously, Leslie had invited her, but it was another lady who greeted Lena.

“I am Alice Rosenheim. I am the organizer of today’s tea party.”

“Yes? But I’m sure from Miss Leslie Peregrine…….”

“Yes. Are you a little surprised? Miss Leslie has never hosted a tea party before, so today I’m demonstrating it. Miss Leslie said she wanted to invite Miss Lena.”

“Ahh…….”

She didn’t fully understand it, but it seemed like another young girl, who had become close with Leslie, was holding a tea party for Leslie. She had no idea if this was common, though.

Lena thanked her for inviting her once again and she sat down next to Leslie. Leslie was really happy, but Lena was feeling some kind of reluctance. Maybe it’s because she just remembered that Viscount Rosenheim was a white faction nobles.

However, Alice pretended not to notice Lena’s embarrassment, and she naturally led the tea party. Fragrant tea, delicious tea food, polite and modest movements of maids, vases full of spring flowers, joyful laughter of the ladies who seem to be still young, the sound of an invited chamber orchestra playing…… Everything went perfectly with the bright spring tea party.

So, just as Lena was trying to calmly relax herself, Alice gently tapped Lena’s shoulder.

“Miss Lena. Would you like to talk to me for a moment?”

The other ladies were engrossed in the chamber orchestra’s performance. Alice’s expression on her face wasn’t too strange either, so Lena nodded her head lightly and followed her out of the parlor. However, Alice took Lena to the second floor guest room.

“Lady…… Rosenheim……?”

“Oh, don’t worry, please come. We’re just moving around for a while.”

But where she moved to was an important issue. In the guest room, which Alice opened to, a middle-aged man who looked nervous was sitting alone.

“You have waited a long time, Viscount Ruban.”

“This, this child…… Is she Lena?”

Her spine stiffened at the sight of the man pretending to know her. But Alice smiled as she lowered her eyebrows as if she knew all about Lena.